M s ?? I'm at the end of my tether. What else can I do??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, hoping for advice, I am in tears writing this as I just feel so done! I am late 40's have had fibromyalgia for over 10 years and thyroid plus i b s. For the last 3 years severe trigeminal neuralgia. I believe it is m s but dr basically told me not to be so stupid! I don't think I can carry on with this pain.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would get 2nd, 3rd, 4th......and however opinions I could to satisfy me.  You don't say why you think you have MS.    Have you had an MRI?

• Posted

I agree with Marilee, have you had an MRI?  its an easy test and can help to diagnose whether this is MS or not.  I dont know if it -or any test- is the end-all be-all , but hopefully it will give some insight.

In any event, sorry to hear you are suffering, but even if you get the MS diagnosis lets say, you still need to get multiple opinions as stated below and keep trying different treatments/medecines until you find what helps you.

To be honest in my case, i am dx'd with MS and STILL dont have the right medicine to fix the symptoms i suffer from daily such as lightheadedness, fatigue and insomnia.  And yes I have tried every single sleep medecine!  so far we're on restoril and honestly its just a trial and error game sad to say.

Hang in there though,  you will find what works eventually!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.