Maca Root and fibroids

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Have any of you taken Maca root while having fibroids and have you found it to be effective? I keep hearing conflicting views on the subject matter. Some women have reported taking it and it made their fibroids shrink while some reports indicate that Maca behaves like estrogen and should be avoided if you have fibroids. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sharcev, I had a fribroid when I was 50 it was hanging like stalk but I had it out I think that was best way for me, my mum and my Aunt had them like grapefruit and had to have hysterectomy, but lucky for me it was small one caught it in time, I hope you find something soon to shrink yours.
  • Posted

So happy you are addressing Maca, because I am wondering about it too for breast cysts.  
  • Posted

I just read that too. But it balances the hormones as well. Ive been taking it for that reason and I perimenopausal. I read a reply on here when a woman responded that perimenopausal is about progesterone levels when its actually the beginning of when your estrogen levels drop off. I have one fibroid that was diagnosed but can palpitate at least three more. I will be 51 soon and getting a hysterectomy. But if you want to balance your hormones (because the number of reproductive ailments are because of hormonal imbalances, linked to cholesterol levels). Then you should. I may stop taking mine because this months cycle was horrible. Doctors prescribe birth control to trick the hormones into thinking the body is pregnant so the progesterone levels wont rise to start to shed the lining. I was on Depo Provera for at least ten years and it stop working because of the fibroids. Estrogen is the trigger, if you get those levels to normal or decrease it more then take those steps, but it comes with side effects as well. Good luck to you and your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.