Macrobid for uti

Posted , 3 users are following.

I figured I would start another discussion being that the other one I'm bit getting much help from

Ok. So I go from stomach issues to uti to stomach issues to a low grade UTI.

I am out on a 3 day antibiotics (macrobid) and then 6 weeks one a day . Anyone taken macrobid and do you take supplements with it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caterina912

Macrobid is an antibiotic for a bladder infection..If you want to get info on this medication read the Information Leaflet that comes with the med....

• Posted

Thank you Mary. Yes I kniw macrobid is for bladder infection. I have been on it quite q few times. Question is does taking supplements like vitamins disrupt the antibiotic?
    • Posted

I have had uti for weeks and been on macrobid twice.  I have been trying to research supplements and im not getting much help.  Asked dr as she just rolled her eyes yet i read of people who take probiotics to help.  I feel so sick on this antibiotic i dont know if i can even take anything else.  Are you able to sleep, i find bladder has me up every hour
    • Posted

I don't get up to go to the bathroom alot.

But the pressure is really annoying. What worries me is when the culture comes back it's a low grade which they said they normally don't treat. But being that I'm symptomatic. They are. They make me feel like it's odd that I have pressure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.