Macular degenaration

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have dry macular degeneration in both eyes. I am 75 years old.

I use 1 table spoons of Manuka honey with 5 table spoons of distilled water. I put eye drops in the morning. Afternoon and at bedtime. This way it does not sting. Here is the “kicker”.

I bought Golder Saffron on Amazon about for about $50. I put about 12 strains of the saffron on a cup of hot water and a teaspoon of manuka honey. I drink this tea every night.  My eye site has improved tremendously and for the first time in 2 years I am able to drive at night using tinted yellow glasses. I will check on my macular degeneration tomorrow  and I will post the out come.  Hurray for Manuka Honey and Saffron Spice??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thanks rudy 15541for sharing your success!
  • Posted

I am not sure that I quite understand.Do you mean you drink the manuka honey and water or do you use it for eye drops.  How do you means it does not sting.  Do you mean it would sting if you put it in your eyes without water? Do you check your macular degeneration with an opthalmologist and does he/she know you are taking manuka honey to improve this condition, If so, what did they say?

• Posted

1. I apply the water and honey on my eyes . 

2. I boil water and put 13 strand of Saffron spice on a cup and a teas spoon of Manuka honey and I drink it. I do this on my own. My eye doctor does not know that I am doing this. I am not a doctor of any kind. I am a simple 75 year old man. . My eye site has improved tremendously ...  

• Posted

HI Rudy I am really interested in this as i have only recently been diagnosed with dry macular,,,,A few questions that I hope you wont mind answering for me ..first do you use a eye wash or cotton wool to wash your eyes...2nd How long since you were diagnosed with macular..  3rd How long did you do this for before you noticed any difference,,,,Also I think you may have something here ,I went on google to check out saffron 2020 tablets and the reviews look promising..Trouble is how true are they ,Has anybody tried these tablets and do they work..Many thanks
    • Posted

I been having trouble driving st night. Went to eye doctor in March of these year. That is when he told me about the Macular problem. I just left his office an hour ago. My left side is a bud better but not enough for a new proscription. There is no changes in my macular. So it’s did not get worse or better. Bought more Areds vitiam and he said to eat a lot of green veggies such as spinach. I told him about Saffron and Manuka honey and he said to take the vitiams. 

1... I bought Golden Saffron 10 grams for about $60 in Amazon. 

And I bought  Comvita UMF 15 Manuka honey from Amazon. 2 8 oz bottles for about $80,

This is what I do:

Before bedtime I get a large cup with hot water and put 12 to 14 strains of Saffron and a teaspoon of the Manuka Honey. I drink it slowly and when the cup is about 1/2 inch full I feel it up to half with bottle water. I leave it over night and I drink it before breakfast . It pretty yellow water  and the Saffron is still red..

2... I take 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey and mix it with 5 teaspoons of bottle water that I have boiled. I use a small spray bottle instead of a dipper. I close my eyes and spray my eyes. When I open my eyes the the honey goes into my eyes. I do this morning , noon and before I go to bed. 

I do use artificial tear drops during the day.

Conclusion;

I can drive at night. My eyes feel smooth... I see better... and my macular has not worsen.

I will continue my Manuka and Saffron and take my vitiam s and will eat my green veggies. Every thing is natural.  Doctor now wants to see me in 4 months instead of 3.

Look up Safforn on YouTube or Googel it. You will see some great studies st Auburn University in Alabama Snd one in Europe.

Manuka Honey has great reviews too. Saffron is the most expansive spice you can buy but a 6 gem can shpuld last one year. Manuka Honey is the most expansive honey in the world. Motto: You get for what you pay!

Again I am a 75 year old man in great condition  and I have absolutely no medical back ground. If ithis helps you maybe you can tell some one with the same problem. 

Rudy 

• Posted

I was diagnosed early dry AMD in Oct, 2015.I learnt about Saffron2020 and then used it for two years. My eye situation did not deteriorate which could be due to Saffron or my dry AMD was not too aggressive type. I had to stop it about 2 months back as I started heavy itching which could either be due to decreasing body fat in my advanced age or due to excessive use of Saffron 2020. I contacted Saffron office mentioning this problem who said there is no such report from any other buyer of this product. Anyway I suggest that it does some good to AMD patients thus worth trying.

• Posted

Hi Rudy thanks for the info and update.I think I will buy  some saffron to try,I just feel we have to try anything and like you say ,they are natural products,I take the vitamins as well.I did google last night ,It came up with saffron, kale tablets , omega 3 oils,and coconut oil . so far ,where does one start ha .
    • Posted

hi thanks for the info,,Did you take the vitamins as well as the saffron tablets.I was wondering is saffron 2020 is  pure saffron or does it have added vitamins etc, Also did the itching go away when you stopped taking the saffron 2020 
    • Posted

I take the vitamins but I take Saffron with hot water and Manuka Honey. I do not take the 20 20

saffron pills.

I bought 10 gems of Golden Saffron for about $60 at Amazon. It comes with 100’s of strands. I put12 to 14 strands into hot water and a teaspoon of Manuka honey. When it isn’t drinkable I sip on it slowly.

I buy Comvita Manuka Honey UNF 15 at Amazon for about. $40. The Saffron will last me about a year and the honey about a month. This tea also helps me sleep.

• Posted

In the morning, I used to take one Capsule of Saffron2020 after B/fast which contains Saffron and also a few other vits. My itching is still there though its intensity has decreased. In winter season intensity was more as I had to take bath with warm water. Appears my itching is due to my advanced age and I have to live with it. It doesn't go by using various moisturizers. It does finish for a few hours after taking anti allergic tablets.

• Posted

Hi rudy forgot to mention please give us the update on your check up .Many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.