Made it past 2 weeks. Having hope but I have questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I just made it past the two-week point at 10 mg and like everybody said the constant anxiety and drug feeling did pass. I'm starting to have hope that things will be OK. My question to you is when does the flat feeling go away? I'm not anxious or sad just blah.Physically I'm not feeling too well either with headaches and such but that I can deal with. I just want the spark back.

I can't think everyone enough for all the support you have given me while going through one of the hardest times of my life. If I can be there for any of you or have any questions for those that are just starting out please feel free to ask. I hope everyone is having a good day And gets a smile in.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Give the medication time to affect your mood all takes time and you are now looking for that now to change. One of the main things your drug will be doing is rectifying an imbalance of Serotonan in your brain, this hopefully given time will reduce your low mood. The headaches will eventually reduce hopefully as your get that much better, you are now on a waiting game, good luck

I have been on Citalopram for a different problem and given my ae sixty six I will need to take them for the rest of my life. You need to understand your GP may increase your medication to 20mg. You need to accept the chane and carry on with this medication as it now seems your Body is getting used to this medication.

My standard dose is 20mg and I feel fine at this time.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Bob I'm trying to be patient. Of course I still think about things all day long but I am no longer as anxious as I was anxiety was my main issue but I'm sure that caused me to feel rather low at times. I just don't want to feel so flat any longer. I'm going to go out and go for a walk in the park right Now with a friend. Thank you again for all your advice

• Posted

IM quite jealous that your anxiety has gone but so pleased for you!  I've been on cit for just over 3 weeks and although my anxiety is better, it's still there. However, the feeling flat emotion is getting better, I've even laughed a few times in the last few days so hopefully it won't be too long for you now. 

• Posted

I'm sorry your anxiety is bad right now. I really am!! Mine is still present just not as crippling. I thankfully don't feel so medicated/stoned! I just feel flat and it's weird . I just wanted reassurance that it's temporary

• Posted

Like Bob says below, it will take time. We've just got to believe that and try and be positive. I'm not sure if you have seen the other cit forum, it's called Anyone not had any side effects on citilopram. It's brilliant and so many people have had so many weird symptoms but gradually, they've all disappeared and I guess they just got better and didn't need that forum anymore which is a great thing. Some people, however, still comment purely to help us newbies!! X

• Posted

Hi Awb that's great news it cheered me up and yes I also got the flat feeling like slightly numb but again that passed quite quickly and I've been on 10mg 4 weeks tomorrow and I'm doing good I get a little anxious when I go out but that passes quickly and as each day goes by I get a little better so in a bit more time will be back to my old self so looking forward to it and Xmas, you've done great you're through the worse well done x

• Posted

This flat feeling is the worst. Thankfully my wife and baby are out of town this week because this is just awful I hate feeling numb like this. But I'm glad to know that it passed for you and hopefully it'll pass quickly for me. This is also strange. It's so hard To wrap your mind around any of this when you've never been through it before. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I hope you have the best Christmas possible!

• Posted

Thanks Awb you too enjoy Christmas and let us know how your doing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.