Made the move to 20 mg of the Cipralex.........

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

It was difficult but knew I had to do it.......I was so afraid that if I had this many symptoms on 10mg what will happen on the 20mg. I almost quit yesterday because I felt so awful. But I sucked it up, went to the Pharmacy and got the 20 mg.....took my first dose yesterday. 20 minutes after felt really drugged up, then started feeling so discouraged about this and that is when I almost quit. Discussed my feelings to want to quit with a trusted colleague at work and he convinced me to not give up and promised as many others have that eventually I would feel great. And amazingly about an hour after the feeling of druginess, I started feeling good. Great mood, more energy, and it this good feeling lasted all day till I lay my head down to sleep last night. This morning feeling shaky and heart racing, haven't taken the Cipralex yet as I take it at 10:30 so let's see where this day takes me. I pray the good feeling I had yesterday continues today and tomorrow, etc. and that I am coming close to having no negative symptoms. Otherwise, I think I am on my last leg of being optimistic and next time I have the urge to quit this, I think I just will because the symptoms really SUCK !!! Just wanted to share with all of you who are my support system at present as we are all in this together.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I started Escitalopram (generic Lexapro in U.S.) back in early December for severe depression. Didn't want to do anything .no motivation,didn't care what I looked like,crying all time,hopeless an fatigue. Also had started menopause I discovered in Nov. So started bio-identical hormone replacement therapy an a wk later put on 5 mg Escitalopram for two wks (taken @night to avoid nausea an sleepiness) then Dec. 13th started 10mg. Cut them in half an took half in am an other half @ night. I started noticing I started agitation issues an becoming mad easy after 3 wks on 10mg. Was sleepy in am after taking at first. Have gained 13-14lbs so far since beginning Dec!! Also,the anger issue. I took 10for 7 wks. Pharmacist said should be working by now. So went down to 5 mg on Jan. 31st intending to taper off an maybe try something else (can't do Zoloft -sideeffects bad but I was happy though!). So on day 4-8 severe dizziness. I had to pull over one day! An bad headaches an brain zaps. Couldn't take it anymore an went back to 10mg on Feb 9th. OMG! Now for past 4-5 days having heart palpitations! Iv had these before when tapering of Klonapine(anti-anxiety med). I hate them! They freak me out. I know nothing is wrong with my heart cause saw a Cardiologist in Sept an had complete workup with echocardiogram an chemical stress test. B/p ok to. So this is were I am on the generic Lexapro. Today didn't take my morning half. Go uhh ng back to 5. I did notice when I went down to 5, i wasn't so mad all time. A pharmacist told me Escitalopram is one of the stronger antidepressants. Its really frustrating. I feel for everyone struggling with depression or anxiety an having to find a med that work's. Now I have tried 2. Zoloft an Escitalopram. Maybe try Prozac? Im also dealing with PAWS. I had a Tramadol dependence an was taking to many so had to go to detox facility for 5 days. Well Tramadol messes with neurotransmitters Serotonin an norepinephrine. So without Tramadol there's not much going around in my brain. I detoxed in May of 2014. Its been 8 mnths an dealing with depression. So tryin to find something to help me. I have to get rt so I can be a good Mom to my two sons an good wife. Im scared Ill never be normal again or happy. I was always a happy person before Tramadol came into my life an had to stop it. I miss it. It is sometimes used as an antidepressant at low doses. Sorry to rattle on. I say if the med is making your life a living he-l then taper off an try something else. Goodluck. I hope we all get to a better place!
    • Posted

So you think the tramadol was good or bad for you? I take 50 mg as needed for pain and it seems to help but I've been dreaming alot.
    • Posted

Well I have a different kind of story. I took Tramadol for 7-8 yrs. Normal at first. But stupidly started upping the dose. Why? I don't know.Took it for lower back pain an fibromyalgia an tibial stress fracture. I was at 15-20 a day last two yrs. I think it worked at first but I didn't realize it was keeping depression away an anxiety. Our daughter passed away an I think I was taking it to cover that up. As long as you take it correctly its fine. But its hard to stop it. Withdrawing is horrible. No cold turkey. Not only physically but mentally. Now in U.S. its a controlled substance since Oct of 2014.

I wish I could talk a dr into just giving it as an antidepressant at 2-4 a day an thats it. But probably not.

• Posted

I take it for neck and back pain. 1or 2 a day is all I need. Maybe it will work for my anxiety so I can ween off lexapro.
    • Posted

Oh man be careful with Lexapro an Tramadol together. They are contraindications. A very high risk of Serotonin Syndrome. They both increase serotonin. Your Dr should not have put you on both! Look it up.
    • Posted

I asked my gp to make sure it would be ok.. I only take 10mg of lexapro. I'm not taking anymore tramadol until I see my physiatrist on thursday.. thanks for the info smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.