Mag

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 67 and have post menapausal bleeding on and off. No cancer.  My Gyno has been trying to balance my hormones with HRT patches. I'm not happy. 15 lb weight gain in 2 months, my libido is gone and my hair is falling out. I'm bitchy!  My hot flashes are gone but I still have spotting. 

Is this the best I will see from this treatment?  I'm disgusted. It's bad enough that I'm overweight. This has made it worse. I take the lowest dose combipatch. Are there others that are better?  I'm so discouraged!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Is it the PV bleeding that bothers you the most?

If so you could most to a locally applied oestrogen cream or pessary, such as Vagifem.

• Posted

Hi maryann,  I am almost 64 post menopausal. I take HRT. I had spotting like yourself & had scans hysteroscopy & polyp  removed all fine now Have you been offered tablets or is it you prefer the Patches ? My HRT tabs work well for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.