Magneisum glycinate

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have tried all the magnesiums. I was reccommended glycinate for easy absorbtion and its much lighter on the stomach. I got it last week.the only change i have seen so far is with sleep. You sleep better. M on th elowest dose of pure. encaousulates. Does anyone else use this oarticular form and how do you feel on it. My daughter loves it tells me she sleeps like a baby now, but im using it for nerves to calm down, physical nerves tmj.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with low magnesium levels? You should be careful taking magnesium if you do not need it as it can cause toxity with some nasty effects. If you have been told to take them by a medical professional that is fine.
    • Posted

Im worried now as ive been told to take magnesium by my kenesiology. not my doctor for the nervous system and muscle function as i keep getting leg cramp in bed.  and fatigue.The man who served me in Holland and barrets told me the high dosage one would be to much for me so i bought a lower dosage of 100mg. thing its saying on bottle take three a day so thats a total of 300mg, is this too much i wonder.  I havnt had any blood test to confirm i need them. My kenesiologist has been doing this for many years though and is as busy today as she was many years ago and ive ever only heard good about her.  
    • Posted

Even doctors are not always that knowledgable of the way supplements interact, in fact a lot of them are not that good on prescription drugs! Does your kenesiologist organise blood tests at all? Some vitamins such as vit C are fine to take to excess as the body just washes the excess out, but that is not true of other supplements. Magnesium is supposed to help with leg cramps, perhaps that is why she suggested it. Drinking tonic water helps as it has quinine in it which helps leg cramps too. I am sure you will be OK, but I think we do spend a lot of money needlessly on supplements which could be replaced by a good diet. You may find that you are deficient in vit D which can cause a lot of problems. Also lack of iron and B12 could cause tiredness.  They reckon around twenty five per cent of the population have low vit D readings. My local pharmacy was offering blood tests for free for vit D recently. 
    • Posted

Hi Thanks for reply, yes my kenesiologist recommended the magnesium because of the leg cramps plus the fatigue. She also suggested the tonic water to but i looked up this and was put off by the side affects.  Yes im on vitamin D too. No she doesnt organise blood tests. My family are sceptical about her and alternative treatments but last time i went to her because if this awfull permanent stomach cramp, She asked me if id had any stress in the family and oh yes we had seriously. She said my stomach muscle or intenstine had gone into a knot! through stress, She undid the knot and ive been fine since. Stress she said affects two places mainly the head and the stomach.

• Posted

I meant the side affects of the tonic water being the  quinine

Sue 

• Posted

No my blood levels were fine but when i look at the deficiency chart inhave many of them. I only take one capsule 120mg. To help with nerve sensations. 
    • Posted

Weird thing with vit d if you have hugh ldl its bad. I had xanthelesma around my eyes and read not to take vitamin d. These vitamins get confusing and everyone has got a different opinion on them.
    • Posted

I would not worry too much about quinine and tonic water, the gin with it is probably worse!! I actually take quinine sulphate for leg cramps which is brilliant, my mother took it for years as well. Quinine has become a baddy regarding side effects recently, however it has saved a lot of people from dying from malaria for hundreds of years. I have just read a book called the Fever Tree about quinine, which is fascinating. 
    • Posted

There was something on vit D causing xanthelesma, also I read a paleo diet could cause it too! I don't know how true this is. I also read that rubbing garlic on it can help but it is incredibly painful and causes a scab which drops off and then everything is OK. I don't think I would want to try it though.
    • Posted

I wouldn't worry. Apparently you know if you have taken too much magnesium as it causes loose stools. I would go by how you feel. Magnesium is supposed to help muscles relax, so it could help with leg cramp, which in turn could help with sleep and hopefully fatigue. But if you continue to feel tired for no apparent reason, then see your GP. Ptolemy has outlined several possible causes below. BTW That's great to hear of a pharmacy offering free Vit D blood tests.
    • Posted

I Read abt the vitamin d stopped using it a jile back. Its as if every suppliment is pushed so hard as a cure all and they can cause issues too. 
  • Posted

I know that magnesium spray has helped my leg cramps. The dosage is right on the bottle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.