Magnesium

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all and happy Easter! Just need Lil help, I’ve been reading up we’re magnesium helps, I take beta blocker and blood thinners, I also take aspirin, lexapro in morning with blood thinner and half of beta blocker, evening I take blood thinner and other half of beta blocker and before bed seziure med smh I know it’s a lot!! Guess my question is when will be good time to take magnesium? Thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hey Bigmarlon, probably best to take magnesium in the morning, as it may send you to the bathroom an hour or two later.
  • Posted

I take magnesium in the morning with potassium, taurine and a multivitamin with breakfast without ill effects.

Also, FWIW, I took 81 mg aspirin for many years as well as fish oil and saw palmetto until I started blood thinners (Pradaxa) after my cardioversion at which time I was advised by my cardiologist (EP), primary care physician and pharmacist to stop taking all three as it increased bleed risk with blood thinner.

You may want to check with your care providers about the aspirin with your blood thinner.

Regards,

Patrick

• Posted

Stop the asprin

take magnesium taurate in the morning after breakfast

• Posted

Hello mate,

I'm wondering why you're called Bigmarlon, weight, height or both? 

Weight is relevant of course. And you can become slim;  :-) 

• Posted

I’ve got a family member that’s named Lil marlon lol we both named the same but yes I’m 6’2 320 he is like 5’10 160 so our family gave us these names long time ago
  • Posted

I was told by my cardiologist not to take magnesium!  I'm on metoprolol and Pradaxa, also Citalopram an anti depressant for anxiety, cased by this damn a.fib!  Best check first.   I'm disappointed as I've heard it's very necessary for us folk.  

• Posted

Hi Pauline....I was  curious  to why the doctor told you to stop taking magnesium? I have been taking magnesium for over five years not sure if it really helps I guess I’ll know if I stop taking it.
    • Posted

Hi Diana, I wasn't taking it, but asked him if I should consider it and he said No!  I'm still always considering should I try, but a bit scared.  Next time I see him I'll ask him.  All the best. 

• Posted

FWIW, I specifically asked my EP about Magnesium, Potassium and Taurine as I read on forums that they were good for AFib and/or Tinnitus and he said yes to all.
    • Posted

I've heard that it is better to get potassium naturally, from fruits and vegetables.  But magnesium, and taurine, I've taken both and recommend them.

• Posted

Pauline ..I feel like it can’t hurt.and please post if you would why he said no to your considering taking mag..thank you..best of luck and welcome..
    • Posted

He didn't say Diana, I also asked my GP and he said if the consultant said no, then take his advice.  I will ask him him when I see him on my next appt.  what type of magnesium would you recommend, and at what strength?  All the best to you 

• Posted

What meds are you on, and what type of magnesium would you recommend and at what strength?  I'd like to give it a try.  What benefits are  you finding?  

• Posted

Thank you for that info Patrick, my son will have to try that as he suffers with terrible tinnitus.   What's the best way to get those three? 

• Posted

Hi...I take twin labs 2 ..400 mg per day..there are several kinds magnesium oxide...mag citrate...etc but the best one is magnesium carbonate it doesn’t give you loose stools ..I did research on them all ..
    • Posted

You’re welcome, Pauline! You can also go to drugs.com and check for interactions, side effects, etc. My insurance company Florida Blue also provides free drug counseling over the phone with a Doctor of Pharmacy which I found most helpful. I just told her all the medications and supplements I was taking and she checked for interactions and sent me a full report. My primary physician and cardiologist (EP) supported all of her recommendations.

Lastly, to answer your question, I get magnesium, potassium and taurine supplements at the local health food store. Since they are not prescriptions, you can also get them online.

Good luck!

Patrick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.