Magnesium and citalopram?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, I've been on citalopram for nearly 12 weeks and getting bad restless legs at night. I read that magnesium is good for RLS so have taken some for the last two nights and bingo no more RLS!! But ... Now wondering if it's ok to mix the two, prob should've looked into it first really!  Anyone heard of it being a bad idea? xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it will be okay to take them together...magnesium is also good for the nervous system so might even help speed up recovery 😊 x x x
  • Posted

Hi Marf

My doctor recommended taking magnesium and vitamin b. Take them once a day.

Hope you are doing well.

Louise.

• Posted

really? That's really good news, Do you think it works? xx
  • Posted

Marf ive been getting what i think is rls too. Sometimes I have like a crawling throbbing feeling, other times my legs will twitch or jerk. Its such a horrible feeling not being able to keep your legs still! Do you get it during the day too?

I have some magnesium in the cupboard I may have to try it too

Alison

• Posted

Yes, exactly that feeling, I was only calling it RLS as I didn't know what else to call it! I was getting it a bit in the day but mostly badly at night. I've had two nights free of it now which is great xx it might be a coincidence but I'm going to try it for a week and see what happens xxx maybe try it too, we can be guinea pigs together ha ha xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.