Magnesium & Cider Apple Vinigar

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All

I thought i would start another topic [if allowed]

A couple of my posts have been deleted , i am only trying to get info' & opinions from other members on Magnesium  & Cider Apple Vinigar, one of the moderators who deleted the posts seems to think that these websites are supposed to be promoting  "Mirical Cures"

So heres my Question to members who may have tried the above mentioned alternatives... are they a mirical cure, do they really work, is the magnesium  really neccessary ?

I look forward to serious comments & experiences

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If they really were-it would be common knowledge and cardiologists lives would be much easier-as would patients. It dependes on the patient-its a case of 'different medical strokes'-if you pardon the phrase. 

Low Mg can certainly trip some people into AF where, some peole will never go into it-even with other electolytes being low as well.  The Cider apple vinegar, I would imagine that it would simply help with AF thats sensitive to alkalinity. 

• Posted

There is no such thing as a miracle cure.

Applce cider vinegar contains lots of good stuff, but at very low levels to be any good at all.  It does contain histamine, but evidently very little of that too. The acidity of apple cider vinegar might buffer the contents in the stomach so that it is not too acidic, but mildly acidic. The pH of the stomach during digestion is about 1, whereas between meals the pH should be about 4-5. Some peoples' pH levels remain too low even after the digestion process and that can cause problems. Apple cider vinegar will bring a low pH up to more reasonable levels, like 3-4.

Magnesium is critical for life - everything.  There is no miracle in it but most people in the civilized world are now defiicient in it, so they should up their levels just to be normal. Nothing in the body will move, or even function properly without an adequate amount of magnesium. Just as it takes years for magnesium levels to deminish to levels that are felt physiologically - like in afib - it will take a long time with supplements to restore healthy levels.  In general, doctors are not measuring our magnesium levels properly.

Frank

• Posted

I have been taking a calcium/magnesium dual tablet. Too soon to say but I have not had any episodes since I have been taking them
    • Posted

That's great!  

I'm just curious - what is the ratio of calcium to magnesium in your "tablet".  Personally I think it should be at least 1:1 or more in favor of the magnesium.  Here in the USA I have not seen such a dual tablet - it might be there - but I have not seen it.

Women here also are now told to stop with the calcium - too many heart attacks have been showing up in those supplementing with calcium alone..... Calcium needs magnesium to be properly metabolized.

• Posted

Couldn't help chuckling to myself.

If only it were that simple! razz

I think Terrence & Frank's responses sum it up very well.

Sure, I take a little apple cider vinegar when I can remember to, but credit my increase in ejection fraction from 25% to 58% on being cardioverted back into sinus rhythm, taking my meds, healthier lifestyle and good management by my cardiologist!

I guess taking these things shouldnt do any harm, but sure as hell don't think they are the 'magic bullet' we're all looking for.

• Posted

I also agree with you Greenbo. This is one of many lifestyle changes that I have made. Drinking much more water, eating lots of fruit and veggies, probiotics. All alongside my meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.