Magnesium flakes in the bath.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I read about magnesium flakes to put in the bath, on this forum (thanks again tiswas) and just wanted to share that I tried it for the first time yesterday, and it felt amazing. I could feel my muscles being soothed as I lay there. Fantastic! Let's face it,we need all the help we can get, xx

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I use a cup of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) in my bath. I get a 25kg bag on ebay for £15.
  • Posted

so glad keep it up eventuly it will raise your magneisum levals so you should feel even better 
  • Posted

Mmmmm, sounds relaxing. But unfortunatly I have no bath..

Have a good day..Anne.

• Posted

me neither since myfall the other year 

but will have to go back to having a bath miss being able to soak 

• Posted

For those of you who don't have a bath or like me are physically restricted and need to use a shower instead, try mixing a handful of epsom salts with body oil or baby oil and massaging into the skin, just as effective and very good for dry skin conditions too.  The old remedies are the best eh.
    • Posted

i buy it that way . its called magneisum oil  or spray 

works out cheeper that way 

• Posted

Thanks I'll have to give it a try, I have dreadful dry skin so might try it in oil.
    • Posted

if you have dry skin then the oil or spray may be a bit to stinging for you and irate your skin .the flakes in a bath will be much more gentle on your skin 
    • Posted

I'll give it a go, I have eczema and chronic hives (urticaria), so have to do tests on everything I use. The hives were caused by my being sensitive to various meds, I can be fine for months or even years then suddenly I can't take that tablet.
    • Posted

yes i used to get that rash from the top of my leg don tothe ankles and on my arms and trunk it s terriably itchy i do understand 

i am also very sensistive to meds and foods ,to they have not troubled me for agood while .no idea whats changed 

• Posted

Hi Jeanne so pleased you had releif from soaking in magnisium,

It is very good to get positive feed back,

I also use original magnisium spray oil which isn't a oil at all it's none greasy and fantastic when I spray it on my neck or shoulders I give it a quick run in and the pain is almost instantly eased

I would highly recommend this if anyone has painful joints.

• Posted

Hi Leona, I have some of the spray too, but haven't tried it yet. Might give it a go today, as I managed to do some stuff in the garden yesterday and my back and neck, (well all my painful places really) are feeling it today. It was so lovely to be outside in the (intermittent ) sun, hearing the birds, and pulling away old dead branches of shrubs. Haven't been able to do any sort of gardening for many many months, so I was very pleased even if I'm suffering for it today! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.