Magnesium for Acid Reflux

Posted , 16 users are following.

i have been taking PPI for acid Reflux and been having side effects I have been told it might be magnesium deficiency  any comments and what dose tablet is suitible

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You could try Losec MUPS. It's an omeprazole with magnesium.
  • Posted

Just like they said, if you are taking PPI's you will be deficient in magnesium, calcium and B12 so you need to take supplements.  I do know for sure magnesium helps in many ways and one of them is anxiety and pain which are all connected to reflux.  So take the supplement and se how it goes.  Do not take the citrate or the cheap one found all around because they will give you more digestive problems.  Order them online and read the ratings because what's good for me, doesn't mean is good for you.
  • Posted

u need transdermal magnesium ,magnesium oil spray ,mag is absorbed thru the skin ,its hard to get pills to break down and u will end up in the loo more than u think possible!
    • Posted

Like always they blocked my complete response with no link or anything that will violate the terms.  Quick reply: I had SIBO and nothing helped besides Manuka Honey 15+ from New Zealand.
    • Posted

....so are you cured, and you didnt have reflux?
    • Posted

From SIBO? Yes.  From everything else? No.  Now, they said is not reflux related and what I have from reflux is so mild they see no reason for me to take medication at all only as needed. These are my symptoms and I hope they do not block my posting again is chest pressure right under my breast bone just like reflux all day long except when I sleep, chest/back and rib-cage pain almost every day. They said is my Gluten sensitivity even if I do not eat any gluten/dairy and soy. I was grain free for over 2 months and it made no difference so I'm back eating some grains but much less than before. They also said it was my cervical spine and some moderated nerve conditions they saw but after consulting with a neurosurgeon they also disregarded that option.  Over 2 years and still no answer. ;-(

• Posted

Based on a PH bravo I have normal stomach acid levels.  Now I'm having nasal breathing problems so it has to be LRP. Thinking about the stressed therapy.

• Posted

I've been taking a PPI for a year. If I skip even one dose, I feel the acid splashing up into my throat. I've lost 20 lbs from it because it's hard for me to swallow solid foods. It almost feels like I have to train my muscles to swallow so not sure if it's neurological? Anyways I take magnesium pills for anxiety and it seems to help a lot! Still have side effects though so not sure if you're really experiencing a mag deficiency or it's just a bad case of LPR-because I have the same thing

• Posted

Hello my name is doretta or dora for short. I had acid reflux a few years back. It was very bad. My doctor told me to take B12 and magnesium glycinate 400. The PPI's deplets all the vitamins in your body! And I take a probotic. Now I do not have the reflux. I also eat organics! Doctor also told me to stay away from processed foods. It took 2 years to heal.

• Posted

Are you still reflux free dora?  At what time you took magnesium?  400mg daily?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.