Magnesium for muscle aches

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was talking to my sister last night and she mentioned starting to use mag oil from the dead sea, she loves it.  I have been taking KALS mag tabs for months now but they are causing loose bowel a lot more so I think its to much.  But i'm having such pain in the tops of both shoulders going into my neck and headaches with  it, that I just wonderd if anyone has ever used mag oil spray.  Do any of you have top of the should pain that goes into the neck and head?   I have been having it almost everyday.  I had to lower my thyroid meds about 4 weeks ago and i'm wondering if it not from that, not getting enough of the hormone.  Anyway...just curious if anyone has ever used it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes Patty Magnesium oil spray is good for muscle aches. Imhave the top of shoulder and neck aches nearly all the time!  You need Chelated Magnesium for it to be of any use if you take it orally. I Take that and it doesn't cause loose bowel. IMhave  Crohns so wouldnt take regular 'magnesium only. If You look on line for Mag,oil spray u will see it, it doesn't need to be the Dad Sea one to,work.

• Posted

Thanks Gillian.  I just ordered it.  Do you take the mag orally and use the spray.  I don't want to get to much.  I have been mag glycinate.  May I asked which chelated mag you are taking?  

I know since I started taking it my anxiety is better afterewards, but I think I would need much more to completely stop it.  I also wonder if the top of the shoulders pain and neck pain and headache are part of the MAV.  There is so much stuff that happens with MAV it impossible to keep it straight.  Its like anxiety it causes so many symptoms you tell whats doing what.  

• Posted

Can Admin tell me why my reply,to,patty has been interrupted? Thankmyou?
  • Posted

I go to a massage therapist for my neck and shoulder issues.  She uses magnesium oil to massage.  It definitely helps.  The massage therapy works wonders as well.  My neck was hurting everyday as well.  Since going to her I don't have any more issues worth it.  

Sent you a private email with the brand name she uses and where you can find it.  Apparently, the moderator doesn't like using brand names.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.