Magnesium for PAC/PVC

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again,

Anyone ever take magnesium supplements to help with PAC/PVC's? I have been having them for 4 days now and I really don't want to take any medications until after my stress test Monday. Was wondering if it has worked for anyone.

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking them for over 6 months now. Has it worked? Well, all I can say it hasn't made my condition any worse. I'm not sure what it will do as I continue. If I get any noticeable results I will post them here. I intend to keep taking them. At this point I'm desperate.

• Posted

I never found it did anything. From my experience PVCs come and go as the please, which leads people to finding all sorts of "cures" because they try something and they go away. For example I thought for a while CoQ10 was my miracle cure to suppress PVCs, but a year after that totally worked they were back and it did nothing. I think it's mostly co-incidental. The only think likely to actually stop them is an ablation or hardcore anti-arrythmic drugs like flecainide.

I do however still take magnesium supplements, I don't think it does much for my heart but it does seem to help prevent migraines (with actual research to back that up).

• Posted

I'm with your other respondents. I've taken magnesium for more than a year, even though my blood level was fine and I eat lots of good dietary sources. I haven't seen much difference in my "extra" beats. They come and go, with the "comes" sometimes very bothersome. I'm doing so well, though, after my 2nd ablation (no SVT for 18 months), that I'm hesitant to change anything. My longer-term plan is to wean off of Mg, gradually reduce my metoprolol (maybe to zero), and see what happens. Hope you find a good solution, and take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.