Magnesium supplements

Posted , 4 users are following.

For those suffering with frequent painful attacks like me here is something you may want to try. I tried changing diet alone cutting out most fats and dairy and that was working moderately well with frequent bloating so I was asking the ladies in my hypothyroid group what might help with bloating after meals and one suggested magnesium. Most of us are deficient and it aids in the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbs among other things. I've been taking a low dose once a day a few hours before supper for two weeks now and i havent hada single bout of bloating and no gallbladder attacks. I even had pizza two days ago! Before that would have been impossible without an inevitable gallbladder attack. Certainly worth a try if you are looking for something to help.

5 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

thank you for this Shalaya ..... where do you buy your magnesium from ?
    • Posted

I picked up mine at a health food store but regular drug stores will have it as well.
  • Posted

thank you Shalaya .... I shall be buying some magnesium now ... I am due to have my GB removed next week, but I've been concerned that my diet won't ever be able to go back to what it used to be - the magnesium would appear to help greatly.  
  • Posted

Thanks I may try this at Holland and Barrett. Is it just in tablet form or what?
    • Posted

I take the tablet but there are liquid supplements as well if you have issues absorbing tablet form vitamins
  • Posted

worth a try there are lots of things you can get on the internet which has helped people like us with GS.I think I will still stick to the low fat diet. all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.