Magnesium supplements

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a lot of health difficulties. I noticed that if I take magnesium supplements that I feel a lot better. I feel less tired, I think more clearly, I sleep better. 

But the downside is that I get diarrhea if I take magnesium supplements. I already try to avoid the magnesiumoxide. Now I take magnesiumcitrate or magnesiumcarbonate. 

I know that that can be a symptom of an overdose. But I feel so much better if I do take extra magnesium. It really feels like my body needs it.

Does anyone have any advice how to handle this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So take something natural that stops diarrhea with it
    • Posted

Hi carmel83758

i had 6 migraine aura (without headache) per month.

Started taking Magnesium citrate

but got a lot of wind.

I changed to magnesium Bisglycinate

tablets 150mg 1 tablet morning and evening

which is chelated easy absorbed.

It is much less strong on the stomach

stiil has stopped the migraines .Sometimes you can still be low in magnesium even with normal serum blood result

as i think only 1% of the bodies magnesium is found in the blood .

Just look at the ingredients as it can say magnesium on the bottle and look for bisglycinate chelate in ingredients although there can be a small amount

of oxide there is probably more magnesium chelate which is more easily absorbed so dont be put off you can get

at a local high street well known

Health food shop .

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Twiink see my reply below to carmel

but meant for you!

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.