Magnets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I've had arthritis in my knee and shoulder for quite some time but its not bad enough yet to think about a new joint. I use the usual mediaction to help with pain and swelling but wondered if anybody had used magnets to help and if they felt it had worked?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would think only if you have metal joints:-)

Theories about magnets have been around for very many years. I bought an ultrasound device for tendonitis that was also supposed to help joints when used with a pain killing gel. The device did not help and I returned it under the 90 day warranty. Since then the company (with a similar name to a Welsh mountain) have phoned and leafleted me about other products including cyrotherapy and magnetic therapy,  

Both are expensive and neither convinced me as being worth trying. My GP and his wife who is a physio thought the same. Though if you can get in a 90 sale or return basis you would have nothing to lose.

• Posted

i know someone who imported these things from Scandinavia [I think] and flogged them to any suckers who would buy them. There were shoe insoles, waistcoats, duvets even and various things in between: all pretty useless I understand. To hear this person doing his sales spiel you'd think they were the answer to all aches and pains. I know some who fell for the spiel and found them quiteuseless and wished they hadn't bothered..
    • Posted

I've heard of the shoe inserts but the mind boggles at magnetic duvets even in Scandinavia.
  • Posted

I once tried a magnetic watch, not one that tells the time called a bio flow it didn't help one bit. Waste of time and money.
  • Posted

I have bought various things to help with my OA.  A bioflow magnetic wristband, copper bracelets and a TENS machine, none of which have given me any relief.  One product I find very soothing is Pernaton Gel, which seems more beneficial than the Piroxicam Gel prescribed by my GP and I would recommend it.  I also take Co-codamol 30/500 but can't take anti-inflammatories because of other health problems.  Good luck Deborah, I hope you find something to help with the pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.