Main Problems for men with Urinary Incontinence

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I was told by my doctor after I had some treatment last year that I had a greater chance of developing prostate cancer in later life. I have just been doing a little research into this condition and what it can cause. Incontinence seems to be high up on the list. 

I just wanted to ask any men out there who have or have had incontinence issues, what were the biggest difficulties you have faced? and how has incontinence affected your lives?

I realise that there are many types of incontinence. I would appreciate hearing about any experiences or challenges men have had out there.

Thanks.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gary, I joined the ranks of "bag men" on Sept 1st.  This is not, for me, a way to live.  So, I spent a lot of time researching the cause.

Imo, it is from not squatting when we defecate. The info is in at least 3 studies, one med textbook, a Guardian article, J. Crow's webpage, and Jimmy Carter's doctor.  

It's obvious also from looking at the prostate cancer death rates by country.

And, men should pee sitting down, too.

I very much regret spending reading time sitting on the toilet, most of my life.

Today, I learned from a female, that the latest, greatest airports in China have both squatting and Western toilets.

• Posted

Hi Gary.  Hope you don't go through what I have now - a Catch-22 situation which came out of nowhere on Sept 1st.  I've posted in these forums along with photos, so if you look for my posts and replies there's lots of details for you, since you haven't crossed the "Suddenly, I can't pee" threshold.  Praying for you.  God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.