Major blood in poo, can't sleep, feel sick with worry

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so this is a really really long one guys but I'm terrified and keep having panick attacks, so Iv always had blood in my stool on and off amongst bloating and a really tender tummy, Iv suffered with IBS so bowel movement hasn't been healthy for a while, so end of last year I found out I was pregnant and after many discussions and many trips to the abortion clinic and leaving without taking action we decided now wasn't the right time so I had a termination at 8 weeks on the 8th December via the pill- in terms of the abortion everything went smoothly but I am still bleeding now. When I was pregnant I was bleeding from my bum after passing a stool I always felt like I wasn't fully relived and nearly always have to slightly strain to get the poo out, the blood is always bright red and sometimes with clots. Now here's where it gets a bit complicated, so two weeks ago I was at work and felt trapped wind type pain in my stomach I stood up and noticed blood (definitely from my vagina) I stood up and lost about 2 pints of blood, an abulanxe was called I went dizzy, white and nearly passed out (even though I was very calm apparently it was shock related?) when I was in the ambulance I kept saying I feel like I need to poo (which is weird but maybe it could be stress relelated IBS but I was feeling trapped wind before the vaginal blood loss? Once I got to the hospital to my surprise they took my blood and I didn't even have enemia which I find amazing considering all the blood Iv been loosing, when I was there I felt like I needed to poo and tried to go on but I was constipated and only a little blood clot came out.  naturally they made me take a test to make sure I wasn't still pregnant which came up that I wasn't  and they passed it of as related to the termination I had one month prior and a period rolleyes they refused to give me a scan. I went to the dr the next day who referred me to the hospital for a scan which I managed to get the very next day, I had an internal scan and she said it showed retained pregnancy which explains the blood I went to the gynocologyst who actually took a second and a third (because I made her) look and said my womb is just inflamed and my body is a bit confused 🤷🏼??? anywho as all this is going and especially in the last week I am going to the loo twice a day (I have recently changed my diet to vegetarian so duno if that has made a difference) everytime I go the water is BRIGH red with blood drips down the pan I have also passed clots as I said my stomach is very bloated and tender to touch however before I eat every morning it isn't, I don't need to poo and have not many symptoms it's only after I eat that the food travels through me I get pain, I go to the loo and pass poo and blood, the poo is a medium brown which is apparently a good sign? But it's just getting worse on top of these symptoms I have headaches, back pain, brain fog and dizziness when I stand up I also get breathless when walking up a small flight of stairs I am over weight but still quite fit I am 29 btw. I also feel weak really easily. A lot of that could just be stress related and aniexty I know (I hope) I am waiting for the results of my gluten blood test and my stool sample I'm hoping it's a bad case of IBS and gluten intolerance and nothing a lot more serious ;( I know this is a lot to read and I thank anyone who has bothered but please reply with advice, and maybe similar symptoms? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jo95306

It sounds as if you may have anal fissures or hemmorroids and they bleed on passing a bowel movement. Go to your doctor and have him/her check your rear end....best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi Mary thank you for your reply. My doctor has examiners my back passage and couldn't feel and think which makes me worry more x

• Posted

I think every thing u discussed above is stress related..stress causing hyper accidity(Gastritis )that explains indigestion(bloatness,pain)associated with meals & stress causing hormonal imbalance reason your doctor stating ur body being confused.Lastly if you have been passing hard stool you could have anal fissures bt they're

pain related.

• Posted

Hi Bernard, thank you for your reply I hope you're right but I don't get upper abdominal pain, I get a sharp trapped gas feeling which literally cripples me in my middle/lower stomach for about 10 second and I always pass a lot of blood when I have that pain I literally had it about 30 mins ago and not doubt when I go to the loo there will be blood clots it's as if something is stuck and bursting inside me x

• Posted

Sorry for the pain you're going through..

Ok,for doudenitis usually you experience pain/colics slightly above the umbilicus &bleeding in most cases is common though its usually occult(digested)$its dark , I highly recommend endoscopy both upper and lower to locate bleeding site..reason being bleeding fresh bright red indicate its lower GIT and site of pain especially when u say its middle of the stomach recommend upper GIT endoscopy.

Hope u get well soon..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.