MAJOR CONFUSION

Posted , 11 users are following.

PTs, PAs etc have been telling me how well I'm doing.  But friend who had two done in FL Claims she never heard of anyone not being able to straighten leg immediately after surgery, but I distinctly remember her working to achieve numbers.

I am getting anxious and depressed.  Can I be the only person whose knee hasn't straightened out after 6.5 weeks?  TY

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my problem is bending my knee I'm at 50 degrees at the moment 8 weeks post op tomorrow i had a trochleoplasty basically had a groove made for my knee to sit properly i have no problem in keeping my leg straight am struggling to do the leg lifts but can do them abit i have been trying to strengthen my thigh muscles my hamstrings are so tight its like they have fallen asleep i am back to see my surgeon next week hope your recovery is speedy its along process with ups and downs but these forums have helped me out loads hope all goes well

• Posted

Judy don't be too hard on yourself. I am 7 month PO and i can't quite remember the details of the recovery phase but i'm still not recovered. But what i want to say about the bend is that as everyone has said 6 nad a half weeks is still early. I was told and retold never to put a pillow under my knee but i did for the first six weeks then stopped putting it during the day and then stopped altogehter because this prevents the straightening. It's not easy because of the pain of course. I suppose you have straightening execises to do also. They are pretty important. But this is a big big op and i'v had to be and am still having to be patient. To tell you the truth after 7 months my gp has finally put me on anti depressants because i have gone so low........That depends on the person i suppose too. Good luck in getting there. You will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.