Major depression with mixed features

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anybody else have this.  Started on Zoloft, eventually got to 75mg, and felt great for 3 days, then all of a sudden it turned into extreme panic, and anxiety, and restlessness.  I have been diagnosed with major depression with mixed features.  Since then 10 months ago, I have tried 11 different medications.  Anything that raises serotonin throws me into a mixed state of depression and agitation.  The feeling is more uncomfortable than I could ever imagine feeling.  Anyone have this.  I am currently on paxil, lamictal, gabapentin, and klonopin.  Tried to do this without medication, but coudln't handle it.  Anyone have this?  So far this med combo is the best, but still not there.  My mornings are horrid, but still unstable in a mixed state.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Greentea

Have you tried Councillors or CPN so you can talk out your fears.

Are you trying to use Relaxation Techniques, Mindfulness comes to mind, ask your GP or CPN,  You could also try Breathing Techniques.

BOB

• Posted

What is a CPN?  I have a therapist.  I have the calm applicaiton which is free.  Yes, I have tried breathing techniques.  Thank you
  • Posted

I also get very agitated with anti d;s if I dont have stablisers in my case gabapentin and lamictol without those I got bats on anti d's especially srri's I see you mention those are you having a high enough dose? well butrin is soft stuff in my experience doesnt cause agitation have you tried it?

I am taking alternative treatment which I heard about via youtube you might be interested if so type in natural treatments for depression and some interesting thngs come up maybe youd like to think about.

• Posted

Thank you!  I have tried wellbutrin.  That one is the worst for me.  I think I need to increase my lamictal.  Thanks!
    • Posted

HI gill could you tell, what alternate treatment you are taking...I am desperate, can not find an A/D that I can take..if you dont want to mentioned it on here, mayby you would p.m. me . xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your input.  I have tried wellbutrin, but sent me through the roof.  I have tried natural treatmentsm lilke ashwagnda, tumeric...etc. I wont' try st. Johns wart or Sam e, because I am sensitive to anything serotogenic.    What do you take?

• Posted

Took Zoloft for 3 days, had to stop, owing to a raging headache, SSRIs do not agree with me either..make me super anxious..Think myself, the older A/Ds are best for anxiety...like prothiaden,you seem to be taking a lot of meds..mayby zoloft is not right for you..Have you considered that. ?
    • Posted

Thank you Mariano, my doc thinks I have a problem with anything serotogenic.  I may try to do lamictal monotherapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.