Major flare

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. Seeking advice. On Tuesday night I woke with pain in neck and head returned like when I was first diagnosed with PMR. My son and family were staying before they emigrated on Weds to New Zealand so knew the emotional stress was touching into this vulnerability.

Today I can hardly move with the pain. A few weeks ago I had seen my GP to talk about management of the unique family time and she said put the steroid dose up during this time to however high I needed to cope. i had put dose back up to 15mg which was original amount. This has obviously not been enough. Can anyone tell me how much higher I can go? I know some people on this forum were started on a dose higher than 15mg. Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.