Major floaters at 28 years ol9

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all. I need your help.

First, let me be clear, i have been to 2 eye doctors. But i have reasons to think they didn't want to do complete tests to help me.

3 years ago, at 26, i started seeing floaters. After 6 months, i went to an eye doctor here in Canada and all he was saying is ''you'll forget about them one day''. 3 years later,i see them more than ever, no signs of forgetting them, and i see about 30 of them on cloudy days, or when looking at the computer screen.

I don't have eye flashes or pain. However, i have a sensation of having something below my eye, as if a hair is stuck (similar feeling).

When i did some test, they confirmed no tumor and no retina detachment. So my question is simple. Is it normal to develop so many eye floaters at 26 years old, so suddenly?

Thanks so much

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is definitely possible, as 20% of people in their 20s will have floaters and begin the pvd process. I would say it is a little unusual to have that many but definitely possible. unfortunately there is not too much that can be done. Wearing sunglasses outside will cut down on how much you notice them. There is a surgical procedure, a victrectomy where they remove and replace the gel (vitreous) in the eye. But just like any surgery there are risks. I personally would not have it done but it is an option. Best of Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.