Major PMS/PMDD Cerazette destrogygel

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.

If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

I had severe post natal anxiety and depression 10 days after giving birth. Fast forward 4 years I have been on anti depressants and keep having 'relapses' so my anti depressants have been added to and added to so now I am on 2 of the maximum dosages which is very scary for me.

My relapses used to happen every 2-3 months 10 days before my period was due they get so bad I can't sleep, eat, leave the house, and I have suicidal thoughts.

I have been to see a psychiatrist as my GP didn't know what to do with me and they agreed it is hormonal.

I am 7 days before my period and in the middle of a relapse and have had to increase anti depressants again.

My GP has also just given me a prescription for cerazette mini pill that he wants me to take when my period finishes and I am feeling normal again. The idea is to stop my period completely so I don't get the hormonal fluctuations.

This sounds like it could be a miracle for me IF it works however I have tried microgynon which sent me so bad I wanted to hospitalise myself and also loestrin which did the same so I am PETRIFIED to try this pill.

Does anyone else have severe PMS and has this pill helped you or made you worse? Trying to understand my hormones is so difficult I don't know which one I need and I don't need.

I am terrified that if I take this pill and it makes me worse I am not in a position to increase my anti depressants.

Advice pleaseeeee xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lauren, did you try the pill? I didn't comment because I haven't had any experience with it. I find it very difficult to get opinions on this forum, seems nobody ever answers.

• Posted

Hi Vanessa.

No I've not tried it I am feeling too horrendous at the moment to think about messing with my hormones. 

Thank you for answering I find the same with this forum 😑

• Posted

Hi Lauren. I've been taking this for a week now. Not had a melt down. Usually have 1 during the week. Feel a lot calmer and more in control. So far so good. I've researched this medication as I had 2 weeks before my period was due so did quite a bit. Seen a lot of negativity and ppl warning off taking it. I'm the same nothing has worked for me in the past apart from when I was pregnant. That was so good.. ..relaxed and no mood swings. Sure enough when I started my periods again after having my baby...the mood swings Reared their ugly heads again. Hit hard as wasn't expecting it at all. Turned into bitch from hell ruined days out.. ..crying and moaning, over sensitive the lot. I've been taking the pill at pretty much the same time every day.....so far so good. I know it might sound wired but the time u take ure meds....any meds that is will regulate the release of it into ure body. I mean if u take it at 8 am everyday, it will have a much better reaction in ure system than if u took it 8am one day then 10am the next and 12 the day after that etc. I swear by taking my sertraline at the same time everyday. Regulates the levels of the drug. For the moment I rate it highly....but who knows with me ...that could be totally the opposite by the morning 😔😔 just hope it helps and gives u some confidence with ure experience xxxx let me know how u get on xxx

• Posted

Hi , I have just taken my first pill  of Cerazette today  for severe pnd ( also first day of my period ) am really anxious as had also read bad press about it. I had bad pnd with my second child and also during the pregnancy. I went to docs today and because I am already on anti depressants she couldn't offer any more as they was no guarantee any other would work. So she mentioned the pill.  Am hoping for some relief as am not coping with feeling so low every month. 

Hope it is still working for you goldenvirginia

• Posted

Hi there....thanks for ure reply. I Was the same. Did loads of research on it before I took my first one and was surprised so many people hated this cerazette pill. I've been on it 3 weeks now and I can say that I'm clearly one if the lucky ones on it. I've had the odd headache but nothing that would want me to stop taking it. My experience has been good upto now. The moods have subsided a lot and I'm not waking up with that awful feeling of a bad day ahead. I have alot more patience and feel much better. So far so good. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes. I'm also taking 150mg of sertraline. I've been in it for 4 years and in conjunction with the cerazette it seems to be doing the trick upto now 😁

• Posted

Glad it's working for you. I am on 2nd day so am keeping my fingers crossed it helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.