Makeup

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know this is completely vain... But I'm interested in thoughts. I had shingles on my face, scalp and eye. I haven't worn any makeup in a month. I'm fearful of irritating it, but it'd be nice to be able to spruce myself up a bit. Is it a bad idea to put makeup on? I still have red marks on face but scabs have fallen off.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi,I was diagnosed with shingles 10 wks ago & was over the same areas you describe plus over & in my mouth & up my nose. I still have red blotchiness under my eye & down the side of my nose and part of my cheek and a small are of my top lip is still sore. Was told I have PHN as still have burning & stinging. I too felt as if I was being vain as I couldn't wear makeup and couldn't wear my contact lenses and until very recently couldn't even wear my dental plate. I just felt so hideous. Part of my left eye is still sore but I can now wear a bit of mascara which makes me feel a lot better. I have been carefully applying some foundation ....with a cotton wool pad over the red sore area. ..and slowly getting back to a look I'm happier with. When you feel so awful ...and in my case so ugly without any make up...it gives you a bit of a boost to start feeling or looking more human again. I clean it all off carefully keep moisturising and carefully apply the make up and I haven't had any further problems. Good luck with your recovery.

• Posted

It's not vein. When we feel horrible, the little things can make us feel better. 

Just make sure to look for a product that has the least amount chemicals in them. Arbonne or Jean Ardelle(sp) are two  good ones that I know of. Take care of yourself ?

• Posted

Hi Shoe Lady - do you mean Jane Iredale makeup (recommended for post cosmetic surgery procedures)?
    • Posted

😂😂😂 that's it!! I was in bed and did not want to get up and get my make up. That's why I put (sp) next to it. I knew I wasn't putting the write spelling. Thanks!!

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I had it on my face and eye too and was left with red scars. I found that the Boots scar reduction serum worked quite quickly and faded the scars to white. Problem is I have deep pits where the scabs were and I don't know how to fill them up.

• Edited

Hi Elizabeth. I've recently had shingles myself this year in May after a trip with my husband to Cancun Mexico.  We returned home and within 72- hrs I had a shingles outbreak on my left side of my face, inside my mouth, but it stopped just under my left-eye. After a round of Acyclovir and Lidocaine the blisters went away in a month. I immediately went to sprucing myself up! 

It made me feel better. It made my confidence and self-esteem go up tremendously. And after a month I went out and started to enjoy myself with family and friends. It is now 4-months later, I've been diagnosed with PHN  (nerve pain after shingles). The point I'm making is the make up didn't bother my skin I wore it doing the day. At night I washed it off THOROUGHLY and all was good.

I'm now using a skin diminishing cream for scars called SCARZONE. Most pharmacies carry it. Once the scars from the blisters arw completely gone, I can go back to not using make up at all.

Hope my story and advice for a scar clearing cream helps you lady.

Keep me posted......

• Posted

hello i just been diagnosed with shingles on my face. so i would like to know how long does it take to get healed using the antiviral medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.