Making steady progress with exercise and diet

Posted , 9 users are following.

I finally got completely sick of my weight and anxiety and decided to do something about it.  I bought an exercise bike, started measuring my food portions, and cut out all the extra sweets I was eating.  I have been at this for about two months and I look and feel better already.  I have lost 10 pounds.  Having been about as far down as I could go with anxiety and depression, it is a relief to be doing what I can to make things better.  I am also back to taking the 2,000 IU of Vitamin D daily that my GI doctor prescribed.  I tried a different brand that is working out with no side effects so far.  Still haven’t found a new gynecologist yet.  Since I have Crohn’s disease as well, I want my GI doctor to advise on the Vitamin B12 lab results from my testing with the gyn that she could not explain, so I sent him the report and will see him next week.  It is a relief to be taking real steps forward.  I didn’t think I could do it.  I take it all a day at a time now and it is making a real difference.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Congratulations! You're an inspiration to me...best wishes for continued success.

• Posted

Hi Liz,

Congratulations on your achievement! I too got sick of my weight and decided to start aerobics, cut down on my food, sugar etc started doing weights, boxing and exercise bike and since last dec I have lost 10kgs( not sure what that is in stones)

All I can say is keep up the great work Liz,  CARPE DIEM.... Seize the Day!!!!

Take care

Anna

• Posted

Wow, Anna!!!!!!!   That is really great!  You give me hope!  🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.