making yourself breathe!!!!!!!!ANXIETY

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why does anxiety feel like you have to make yourself breathe instead of letting your body breathe on its on ???? Anybody had this anxiety symptoms or am'i the only one ??!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like shortness of breath anxiety symptoms.  Control the hyperventilation by taking slower breaths so that your body can regain some of its carbon dioxide.  Also breathe through your stomach since this breathing is more productive.
  • Posted

beacause when we get into an anxious state we get into our heads and forget about how to breath properly using our diaphragm ,  i picture and elevator going going up as i breathe in and as it goes down i blow out very slowly do this for a then count..
  • Posted

I have it regularly... Lol your body will breathe on its own we just hyperventilate and make it feel as though not breathing properly . always remember if you can talk you are breathing. Tryto square breath deep breathe in mouth 4 seconds hold 4 seconds and release 4 seconds
  • Posted

Yeah thanks everyone i just sometimes feel like i have to make myself breathe or force myself to breathe sometimes. Its crazy anxiety sucks
    • Posted

yeah I feel like that since yesterday like I can't breathe it's horrible 😭😭
  • Posted

Hey sergio you havent been on here in a long time. Its ocd. I answered it in the other post. Its fixable just you are going to have to be really aware for a while and maybe seek out some ocd meds. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.