Makoplasty

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone ever had The Makoplasty procedure done for a pkr?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me I was s candidate for makoplasty but when I woke up 9 days later I found out that I had a different type knee.  Make sure you aren’t allergic to nickel as that knee is made with nickel.  This is supposed to be the most precise knee with less down time.  It is only a partial knee, not a TKR.  I would be making sure this is the knee that they are doing as I was lied to!  I would not of done it with the knee I have now as there are some pretty cool knees out here that I would of rather had!
  • Posted

I had a Makoplasty done on Feb. 21st (not Feb. 8th like I said in my last reply) in SF by The Stone Clinic. In addition, they did an ACL reconstruction.  I’m pleased, although because of the ACL reconstruction, my rehab is longer and harder.
  • Posted

Yes, i had bilateral pkr makoplasty and was walking 4hrs after i got to my room. I walked the next day all over the place as in at least, 1/4mile. I had a blood vessel on the surface pop at 24hrs but that didnt stop discharge home in 48hrs. That was a Friday. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner from scratch the follow Thurs Nov 2016.

I am very happy with everything despite my battles w scar tissue in my left knee from previous injuries.

No one can believe i had surgery as i walk "normal"!

• Posted

Wow! Good for you! Not much pain? What kind of flexing and extension do you have? Do you go to PT?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.