Malabsorption due to Anxiety ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

In November I started an extremely anxious phase where I thought I had HIV, got tested with a PCR and Elissa test at 7 1/2 weeks post exposure and was negative, got tested again at 4 1/2 months and was negative. I have put my anxiety aside now but I do have major digestive issues as my body is not absorbing nutrients. Following are my symtptoms:

1) Undigested food in stool

2) Soft Stool

3) White nut like stuff in my stoll with a yoke like texture.

4) Bloating, passing wind soon after eating, burping more often

5) Appetite loss.

6) Malaise 2 days after a work out

7)Dry Patchy Skin, Dry Mouth, Dry Eyes (possible eczema)

8)Hair Falling

9) Crack in the middle of the tongue

10) Left toe is numb.

11) Extreme tiredness getting worse.

12) Itching Anus

2 stool tests done and different times show no Bacteria, Candida or Parasites (h pylori, not sure what other parasites they checked).

Blood tests are showing low Iron (no anemia). Vitamin D deficiency,rest all is normal. PH is 8.

I am absolutely miserable as this is no way to live, I am going from Dr to Dr with no avail, no one is able to figure out what is wrong and this makes me go back to my anxiety and questioning if my HIV results are right.

Please can anyone let me know what has happened and if this could have been triggered by the 2 months of intense anxiety I was under.

Best Regards and Thank you so much in Anticipation.

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear your tests were negative.

I believe anxiety and gastrointestinal problems are linked. Though I am not sure why or how. Certainly gastro issues can cause a lot of distress. I feel as though the digestive system just slows down or stops being efficient. Giving the digestive system a rest by trying intermittent fasting (soup and drinking plenty of water only) and changing dietary habits has helped me. Eating very small meals at a time also helps with the loss of appetite. Even though my stool sample was also normal going on an anti candida diet does help. I'm afraid the extreme exhaustion goes hand in hand with this as well as the sleep problems.

I also had vitamin D deficiency. It took a very long time to get to a normal level and paid  an added heavy toll on my health with the prescribed vitamin D which contains peanut oil. It made me extremely ill. I would suggest you buy an easily absorbable vit D mouth spray or an allergenic (MCT oil) oil vit D, the vit D tablets may not be that well absorbed. My hairdresser said that I have a whole new set of hair growth after my levels had been nearly normal for a few months. I think it took more than a year and a half altogether to sort out this D deficiency even though I was taking far more than the recommended dose for a long time.

Breathing exercises or (diaphram) deep abdominal breathing helps both anxiety and digestive issues.

It may help to see an alternative practitioner like a herbalist to help support the treatment of a yeast/fungal infection especially as it is difficult to test for these.

• Posted

Sad tohear wht you aregoing through, I hope you have recovered now ?

• Posted

Hi mo just wondering if you are still on hear I would really like to talk to you seem to be having same problem has you did .. 
    • Posted

Always Good to hear from a Bigg Lass !

​I would prefer private message though.

Regards

​Mo

• Edited

I am going through the same could you please help?

What ended up happening. 

Please update us!

I have been having absorption issues following anxiety. Except I am afraid I have pan can! 

I am only 28 but my symptoms seem to match yours as well.

• Edited

Please could you PM me Sir.

Happy to tell you how it resolved and what steps I took.

• Posted

it has been a while. it turned out that I was having a lot of stress which contributed to the development of health anxiety. I was having real symptoms pains, which were being exaggerated by my brain. I ended up in the hospital for weeks due to my mental state. I would say go to the doctor, and dont overstressed. I even tested stool samples and had super high fat content, it turns out there is nothing wrong even after those results.

the body is complicated. if you are not in the demographic with a high chances of developing cancer in the pancreas, listen to your doctor and seek mental help if it is bothering you.

• Posted

From your user name you are 42 yo. I think you should not worry about pancreatic cancer as much. it could be IBS.

Specially if that is your only symptom.

• Posted

Please I am going through the exact same thing! Please let me know how you solved this! 
  • Posted

Hi mo I'm having similar things happening could you tell me how you sorted things please

• Posted

Long story short !

?I went on cipralex for about 12 months. Occasionaly took Xanax if the anxiety was out of control.

I ecercised, prayed and ate well.

?Most importantly I stopped thinking about the negative stuff and convinced myself that it's all in my head.

?It takes years to recover from this and sometimes I feel I still have some issues left, or it could just be my body changing I'm not sure.I still have loose stool when I get angry or stressed for long but it's far more manageable now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.