Malabsorption issues after months of intense anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

In November I started an extremely anxius phase where I thought I had HIV, got tested with a PCR and Elissa test at 7 1/2 weeks post exposure and was negative, got tested again at 4 1/2 months and was negative. I have put my anxiety aside now but I do have major digestive issues as my body is not absorbing nutrients. Blood tests showed low iron and Vitamin D, I feel fatigue most of the time.

The biggest difference is during workouts, I was was losing 600 to 800 calories during every workout session at one point and now if I push too much in the gym I feel malaise the day after.

Stool is soft and pale, probiotics has not done much. I saw bright red blood in my stool and had 2 stool tests, they show no bacteria or candida...could I have leaky gut. Supplements are really not helping, I have recently started digestive enzymes so will see how I fare in a week or so. Can anyone please advise on my condition, what tests will I need to get done to get to the root of the issue, I am tired of going from Dr. to Dr. to no avail.

Also not sure if it is related but I have excessive dandruff, dry skin and my left toe is numb. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Anal fissures have recently appeared and I do have anal itch at times. Dry mouth to some degree as well as dry eyes.

Thanks in Anticipation

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered lactose or wheat intollerance? Go back to the Dr and ask him about seeing a dietician and in the meantime drop one of them at a time... for me it was lactose....I was put on the low fodmap diet and all my spasms and nausea and stomach issues went away. xx  As you Dr for an internal exam too if you have blood in your stools (endoscopy) x
    • Posted

Hi Worry,

Thanks a bunch for your reply. Do you think I could have developed an intolerance due to chronic stress or anxiety ?

Best Regards

• Posted

Hi Mo, I am obviously not a Dr but certainly irrirable bowel is linked to stress and anxiety and can cause our systems to slow down and not work properly. But you need to get a medical opinion....no harm in trying to cut out some food types (ideally one at a time) I did wheat and dairy which had a dramatic effect but turns out only really needed to do dairy as it was lactose intollerance.  But many foods do not absorb well in humans...look up the low fodmap and try it for a few weeks but ensure you see a dr too smile

• Posted

Hi!

My name is Sarah! You may want to be tested for H pylori!

It's a parasite that burrow's in the liner of the stomach

And the colon! 3 out of 4 American's have it and do not

Know! It's the plague of Africa! There's a horrible treatment

To remove it! TRIPLE THERAPY! I am a victim to this massive

Destroyer! I just finished treatment! Waiting to see if it works!

Get the test before its to late!

Good luck, Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah and Mo.

How are you guys feeling. Mo ! did you get tested for pylori? Have you recovered ? Did you find what was causing you these symptoms.

Its great to hear that you are tested negative for std's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.