Malabsortion of Bile Salts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am new to the site and hope you can offer some advice, 5 years ago i had my Gallbladder out 2 days after the op recovering at home i had a sudden sharp pain in the center of my back and down my right arm i was taken to A&E where i was rushed to theater the Surgeon hadn't clipped off my Bile Duct correctly this led me to have a Lobotomy cut from the Rib cage down to the Belly Button and when they opened me up i had 2 pints of Bile floating around inside my Tummy, I spent 2 weeks recovering in Hospital and was was very poorly.

Since then i have had Diarrhea several times a day and spend my life around a toilet I have had Colestramine and Questrian sachets but nothing helps, I am seeing the Consultants in a couple of weeks to see if he can offer me any new treatment I also have Malabsortion of Bile Salts my question is.... are there any new treatments out there

Thanks JC

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm okish I suppose, thanks for asking, although having a bit of a blip at the moment. I will be seeing my doctor mid April and expect her to be her usual non committal self.

How are you?

• Posted

im ok generally, just recoving from a recent wrist operation, had the bandages and dressings off today, cant bend my arm now since they put a metal plate and screws in so need to continue with physiotherapy.

whats the blip ? gall bladder playing up ?

• Posted

Yes gallbladder after attending my grand daughters christening, eating all the wrong things. This was immediately after a mini break in Venice where the food was strange to say the least. and the water smelt and tasted floral!
  • Posted

Hi Trex

What di you do to your arm to need metal plates???

• Posted

Well, its unbelievably simple - i fell.

It was raining, i was walking fast, there was a curve around a bend on the pavement which is slighly sloped and the grip under my shoe has faded.

It didnt hurt much when i fell - just felt like a bad fall and the wrist felt a bit light and some tingling for about 5 minutes so i just took pain killers when i realised after 2 days the pain keeps coming back and my arms goes back to its bendy state i thought its time to go to the doctor but an appointment with the doctor would be 2 weeks away so i went to hospital A&E where they found its broken in an unusual way

• Posted

OMG!! lucky you didn't leave it any longer you might have had to have it rebroken to reset.

• Posted

hey, how do you know thats ? thats exactly what the doc said in in the fracture clinic because i was being reluctant about the surgery (- more scared of the general anaethestic than the surgery itself)
  • Posted

Just watching hospital programmes on TV like ER in Benidorm etc, no medical experience with me...lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.