Male hormone imbalance with incontinence

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya I'm 26 year old male and I have urine incontinence due to imbalanced hormones I'm just finding it very difficult to keep a relationship due to having to wear incontinence pants and I also do sometimes leak abit from the other end (sorry if that was horrible ) I'm just wondering how people manage with this condition and due to my age I feel like I'm too young to be wearing pants if you could help I'd be greatful

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Dear James,

    I'm so sorry that you are suffering like this at such a young age. Life just doesn't play fair.  I'm afraid that I am not really able to offer any pratical advice. I'm 64 and have ulcerative colitis and have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so have metformin to take which, together with the UC and its medication, can produce sudden attacks of, shall we say, 'looseness'. I have prostate and bladder problems which can cause slight problems so I can sympathise wholeheartedly with your distress in 'leaking' from both ends so to speak. It's truly wretched. Fortunately I'm not in any relationship, but were I to be so, and it was causing me any my partner additional distress, I think I'd be at my GP's or consultants' front door to ask for help. Incontinence pants are not nice and as you say, they are not a product you feel you either ought to be needing or having to wear at your young age.  I do send you my heartfelt good wishes for a rapid improvement in your distressing condition.  With kindest regards, Peter A     

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    You say you have a hormone inbalance, have you had a karotype blood test.

    I have a hormone inbalance if I don't get my testosterone injections. My testosterone level is 34, so I get testosterone cypionate, every 3 weeks. I am also a xxy male, which means I have 47 chromosomes and Klinefelters Syndrome.

    I also leak urine. I have had this problem since I was in my 20's and I am in my 60's, now.

    Have you gone to the doctor to fund out why you are leaking both ways.

    A cystoscopy which a scope is put into your penis to see if you have any strictures in your penis.

    Bowel leakage is a problem only had when I was diagnosed with C-Diff. (clostridium difficile. colitis.) at a rehab/nursing home setting. I had to wear adult diapers to prevent me from messing up the bed. Adult diapers are uncomfortable and hot to wear but necessary, when that occurred.

    Habe you gone to a doctor to find out the cause of your problems.

    From this forum, I have heard from other young men who also have this problem and yes relationships can be a hard when you have both these problems.

    One older man stated his wife knew he had this problem when they married, but somehow they worked it out until recently when his leakage got worse.

    I leak when I am string in a chair, walking or sleeping.

    I have heard that kegel exercises could help with urine leakage. But someone told me to buy a penis clamp. There are other medical devices that can help for OAB overactive bladder, which can be found on the internet.

    It is in your best interest is to find a urologist that may be able to find a cure for your urine leakage, but for your other problem maybe the urologist can recommend someone in the medical field.

    I am not a doctor

    Good luck in your quest to finding a cure

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I forgot to mention one thing. I assume you are heterosexual and only like sex with women.

    However, if you were gay, your problem wouldn't matter among the adult baby or diaper fetishist crowd.

    On the internet, they would gladly welcome you because you have things they would want to experience with you. Then there are the so called gay "pigs".

    Many gay men are into a lot of bizarre sexual.practices. Are they safe, I have no idea.

    I am not into that kind of behavior, or sexual role playing.

    But I thought I would mention it since most people don't know anything about the gay world.

    I have seen so many things in the gay world which would shock the average male or female.

    As I said before, ask a doctor about your symptoms.Maybe they can help you stop them. Good luck

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Try using a small amount of estriol cream on the urethra.  The estrogen cream strengthens the muscle and keeps the skin from thinning.  I'm 67 and began having bladder issues last year, quite normal for my age, but I learned from a book by a physician that the cream stays localized and there is no worry about it affecting the whole body.  It's quite safe to use and has worked well for me.  I now only use it once a week and have no problems with leakage now.  Best of luck to you!

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up