Male looking for health information

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, please forgive me. I dont know much about anything dealing with my issue. I know some women smell "fishy" in the Vaginal area. I have the same issue from time to time. I dont understand why? Or what to do about it. I would be very grateful for any help and advise on what is wrong and what I need do to.

Thank you very much

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Men don't usually carry symptoms of BV, however you can carry and transfer it sexually..but it's not a std, have you been diagnosed by a Dr with it?

• Posted

Hello and thank you for answering. I dont have a doctor right now (she left retired). Looking to get another one soon. I haven't had any sex in a long while so I am confused. I am a very clean person. I work in a high class business so I am extremely embarrassed.

• Posted

Hmm..do you have a clinic that you can go to? You actually need to get checked...umm have you had asparagus latley?
    • Posted

I just googled what can make a make have fishy smell, and it came up with quite a bit if info, not bv tho.. you could have a type of bacteria..or your lacking something...best thing is to go get checked...just of curiosity, what made you think it was bv?

• Posted

Try an over-the-counter cream for yeast infections. This helped an ex boyfriend of mine who became infected by me while I had both BV and yeast infection. This may work. You could also try sitting in a bath diluted with apple cider vinegar and baking soda. This also helps smell and/ or itch.
  • Posted

You might have a UTI, urinary tract infection. My husband had this a few years ago and that was his only symptom. He got rid of it with antibiotics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.