Male LS - strictures

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with male LS and I suffered from it for years. I read from the medical papers that LS can penetrate into urethra and cause strictures. Has any male here have LS that caused strictures? Would you be able to explain what were the signs of urethral involvement and strictures?

Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Artemis, I am a male with LS diagnosed 8 years ago. I have been following this Forum for over a year now and there are relative few males who have posted on here. So no mention of strictures.

Do you have symptoms that you have something like this going on? Are you in the UK or elsewhere .... ?

• Posted

I have read some medical papers that prove LS can penetrate into urethra and cause strictures and fibrosis of the surrounding tissues. I am experiencing after dribble and slow stream and I am too young for any prostate problems. plus Peyronies developed without the trauma or injury to the area. so am thinking it might be strictures

• Posted

What age are you? Have you actually seen a Urologist?

Reading medical literature can be a mine field as it is very easy to start applying things to ourselves that are not actually the case - I would suggest you check out all your concerns with a Urologist, particularly if you have seen one already and found them to be helpful ......

• Posted

Hi Artemis

Your post jumped out of the page, for the simple reason that I have LS and my husband has Peyronies.......Maybe there's a connection and they're not separate conditions at all!

• Posted

I am not even 30, so I am inclined to rule out prostate problems. I have seen a number of urologists and was prescribed various drugs for prostate which had no improvement at all. This is why I think it could be strictures as there is a clear medical link. I also have peyronies and i found that due to LS strictures, the surrounding tissue can fibrose. I can logically link these symptoms but I need to have mri or cystoscopy to confirm

• Posted

I do also have Peyronies... I did not have any injury to the area so I honestly thinks there is a link

• Posted

....so maybe they're all wrong with their theories ......maybe LS can be passed between people......🤔🤔🤔

• Posted

Who was it that diagnosed your LS, was a Biopsy conducted?

As you have seen different Urologist my advice would be to pick one of them that you can work with on an ongoing basis to help best resolve the ACTUAL issues that you have.

My further suggestion would be that the majority of males with LS do not suffer strictures - it is rather unlikely that a such a male would read this Forum for you to get a response .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.