mammogram came back not good. Yuvafem = breast cancer?

Posted , 7 users are following.

had my mammogram yesterday and have been called back for more testing to confirm finding. I'm terrified. Has anyone here had breast cancer after taking vagifem. etc? Did I take care of AV but cause cancer? I'm a mess tonight

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Donna so glad you are ok.

That said. My opinion is that vagimen is a hormone and not recommended for anyone who has had breast cancer.   I don't not trust it 

• Posted

Hi Nancyo

The sad and frustrating part to Atrophic Vaginitis is other than Vagifem or the Generic  Yuvafem there is nothing else that works as the problem is lack of estrogen causing severe dryness and much discomfort.  I don't know about most but it took me almost 6 months to start to have quality of life back  and feeling normal again......nothing else worked.  There is the New possibility of the Mona Lisa Touch but it is too expensive for many as insurance does not cover it yet and there are some ladies that the ML is not enough so they still have to use Vagifem.  I guess it will be a wait and see a little longer until we all get more feedback on the Mona Lisa.  Were you one of the ladies that shared that you are doing well with it?  Sorry I can't remember.  That is why this blogging is so importantant to inform everyone on how we are doing...sharing what works and what may not.  Thankful that We are not alone.

thank you for sharing.....so glad to hear wonderful news about Donna!!

have a nice day!

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I was one of the successful mona lisa treatments.   VA is awful. Women suffer and all that is offered are hormone treatment.  What do cancer survivors who can't use it do.  It effects all areas of our lives. 

I am so glad u are ok but as stated no other treatments available for sufferers YET

• Posted

Hi Nancyo

I am so glad that the Mona Lisa treatments are working for you!  That will give those that cannot have estrogen have hope.  After the three first treatments are you able to go a full year without discomfort before you need the yearly treatment?  Some could only make it to 6-8 months before needing treatment again. Hopefully the insurance companies will cover those with VA soon.  And YES VA is awful!!  I never heard of it before it happened to me.........

have a nice day Nancy

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy. Made it 10 months then needed another treatment.   That treatment was more painful than the first three.   It is a painful life changing condition.  
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

how did you feel after the 10 month painful treatment?  How many days did you have pain after?  Did that treatment bring you quality of life with no discomfort after treatment pain supsided?  How long until your next treatment?  Sorry for all my questions just wanting to get educated on the Mona Lisa for possible future as it is so new.

wendy

• Posted

about 2 days to feel ok   For me the  Mona Lisa worked. I had 3 years of pain n uti's   So my quality of life was improved 100 percent.  Took years to diagnose VA.  Years of never knowing how bad I would hurt    being angry and depressed.    So I am grateful for ML treatment but it does not work for everyone

• Posted

So happy to hear it was cysts only. The unknown will drive us crazy. My daughter had to be monitored for 1 1/2 years for a mass and still watching her. I have a mass in one breast and a spot in the other. I constantly have to check myself. I just had to put us in God's hands. It was driving me nuts. Glad you are ok

• Posted

thank you I am still  a bit unsure as I just read the first result talking about two masses and then the second result saying no cancer. Weird

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.