mammogram results

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi went for a mammogram a few days ago they said i should hear something in about 3 weeks..yesterday i got a letter for an appointment to see the brest surgoen,no explanation why or anything..does this mean its possible theres something wrong or they have seen something..really worried

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn 

what a worry - thats terrible - you need to phone the place that did mammo or your doctor for an explantion .. 

Good luck sweetie 

jay x

• Posted

They are quick at calling one in. I saw surgeon in under a week from mammogram. Know you will be very worried and counting down the days to your appointment. No one can predict theverdict of your mammogram as only the consultant knows. They

May want to do more tests to check you out. Try to be positive.

You can ring Macmillan cancer care I did and they were really great . Be nice to know how you get on. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

How did your appointment turn out if you don't mind me asking
    • Posted

I was very lucky as they found two tumours heading towards each other, which resulted in mastectomy and a reconstruction..

Though it was hard and difficult to take in I am a survivor and still cancer free. It's been 5 years and 6 months now and so.gratefully it was picked up.

Ty not to imagine the worse it may only be a minor thing or

nothing at all. Waiting is the worst part of it. Your mind is in turmoil just now, but so many have been through this and come out the other side. Hear if you need me.

• Posted

BRAVO Janet... I am a 16 year BC survivor . with implanr 5 years after mastectomy,  (which is just now causing trouble hardening from old age ) Like me smile

Doctors told me then, after 2nd op and malignent lymph nodes I would not last 1 year ..who says they know better than the man upstairs?

Yes  MacMillan Nurses are angels indeed smile Bless them they helped me laugh my way back  to health...

keep on surviving hon Blessings xxx 

• Posted

Ty. I rang the beast clinic today and I am still waiting for them to get back to me. Its the not knowing why they want me back especially to see the breast surgeon that worries me
  • Posted

DawnDicko

Are you OK hon? whatever the results I am living proof after 16 years BC is not a death sentence... but try to stay poisive as I did .With treatment and positive outook we  WILL survive!

PLEASE let us know ...you have our survivor support... email me at if you want to chat one on one 

Deb

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.