Man in the burell

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My sweet dad has lost his muscles in his arms and neck,

And got diagnosed with "man in the Burrell" syndrome.

Anyone here have any advice for us?

Is there anything he can do? Some alternative treatment? Anything??

There is so little information about this, so I'm desperate for help.

Stine

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't recognise that term. Were you given this diagnosis verbally? Do you think they could have meant "Guillain-Barré syndrome"? It sounds very similar. If that is it, there are some treatments available. All the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate it.

The syndrome it's what i wrote ( man in the Burrell), there is some articles but no one says anything about treatment or hopes for the future for a better life. My dad lives in Norway which has pretty conservative treatments, that's why I hope there is another country who has some sort of medicine or can operate him so he will have a better life. We are willing to do everything smile

• Posted

That is odd, I can't find anything about it at all. The phrase seems not to make sense in English as Burrell is a surname, or as Burel it seems to be a type of cloth. Man in the cloth symdrome???

• Posted

Yes, i see it now. It's translated different, it's barell, not Burrell. Still very little information, actually it's not one single hit in Norwegianrolleyes

• Posted

Oh I see, I have found it now – "man-in-the-barrel syndrome". It is with two Rs and only one L. As you say, it is extremely rare. There are quite a few references in English if you Google it as "man-in-the-barrel syndrome".

• Posted

I see your problem. There may be a "translation" issue or a diffrent name used in different countries. If you haven't already done so you might research the NIH GARD (Genetic and Rare Diseases) or NORD (National Organization of Rare Disorders) web pages. It could take a bit of time but these pages do have a lot of information. Hopefully, you find something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.