Managing SVT Without Surgery or Medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had SVT for 50 years and have found ways to manage this problem without Medicine or Surgery. The Human Body is a machine that requires "Balance" and if that balance is compromised more attacks will occur. Would be glad to share my experiences, which I have tested time and time again, in case anyone is interested. Remember, one SVT attack means more SVT attacks, so the less you have the more control you will have over this debilitating disease.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was hoping i would never have another attack lol  I do drink diet coke, fountain soda, and i know that may be some of the problem.  I am attempting to wean off it .
    • Posted

Excellent observation! Caffiene, Sodium, and the other junk in soda is a great imbalance to the body and can incite an SVT episode and make it last longer and harder to stop if you have one.
  • Posted

That's a great intiative & would be helpful to many ppl here .. let's know what are the most effective techniques , specially thise you remember from childhood .. personally, i'm looking for maneuvers for my few months old baby .

• Posted

Cold water on the face is something you can do for your baby when the heart is out of whack i.e. tachycardia or palpitations..  Also there is an acupressure point on the inside of your wrist, this also something you can do for your baby.

I have pasted from a website here since they moderate links on this forum:

Acupressure point H 7 or Heart 7 is the ultimate pressure point which addresses all the symptoms of heart disease. This point is called the Spirit Gate, and it is situated on the palm side of the wrist, in the wrist crease, directly under the little finger.

Read up on spirit gate, the technique involves rubbing it a few times.

also lay your baby slightly on their right side, away from the heart. A heart under pressure when lying on the left side does not function so well.

keep their environment totally calm, no undue stress, which puts strain on the heart. 

no sugar in their diet and err away from man made processed foods, the more natural the better.

the heart needs balanced nutrition and no junk interfering with the bioelectrical system. when an episode occurs try banana puree reactively - if you find it works there may be an underlying potassium deficiency, something many tachycardia sufferers have discovered. Potassium is essential to the bioelectrical system and this system needs to function correctly in order for the heart to beat normally. If there's an errant piece of cardiac muscle  it will go out of whack quickly. 

try the banana proactively too i.e. Incorporating it into your baby's diet, using the right amount for a weight and age 

• Posted

Just remembered something which will help.   Coughing is the best maneuver for me to realign my heart rhythm. Adults can simply cough on demand but I find if I use a cotton bud in my ears it makes me cough. I don't think this works for everyone. The gag reflex utilizes coughing to clear the throat so a little  finger down the throat of a baby could work. I suggest you research other ways to induce coughing.  Its better than the valsalva maneuver, cold water on the face and rubbing the carotid artery (although you can definitely do these last 2 for your baby). Rubbing the carotid does nothing for me. The shock of cold water seems to help a little, that's an option for a baby, but coughing is by far best.

Please let me know how you do since I work with sick children in Asia and your experience is beneficial.

• Posted

Excellent response!!!! People don't realize how valuable a banana is! As a cyclist and weightlifter, banana's can help with muscle cramps because they are loaded with potassium! And of course, the Heart is a muscle!

• Posted

Well said.  Ditto for me.  I have spent 20 years living in China off and on and the key learning I have taken from their medical approach is just this that Vader says, balance and harmony in the body.  When the body is not right, out of balance, they use medicine, techniques and lifestyle advice to help you get urself sorted.  I was fortunate to be in China when i was diagnosed with SVT.  Western medicine in Hong Kong and when flew back to the West was treating the symptoms and treating problems in isolation, providing beta blockers, catheter ablation surgery, and a pacemaker/defibrillator.  The Chinese approach taught me common sense, something our ancestors had.  Our ancestors had wholistic medical knowledge too, but we lost it and got enamored  with science instead. So i had acupuncture, herbs, and changed my sleeping, eating and working habits. After a while i stopped the needles and herbs.  I gave up my stressful job. I eat wisely. I no longer drink coffee or alcohol. I make sure i at least sleep between 11pm and 3am every night.  I take 20 min. afternoon naps when I'm tired. I lost weight. I got fit. I dont sit for long periods. I stretch a lot.

The result: my heart condition is totally under control naturally, i have a quality life, i am positive about my future. 

• Posted

Awesome!!! You and I are on the same page!!!!!
  • Posted

Hi, this is very interesting to read. I am still searching for answers as I am quite new to this issue. I started experiencing SVT / atrial tachycardia while training for a Marathon about 9 months ago. I have been running all of my life and have never had any health issues before. I have seen various Doctors, a cardio and now and EP, who has me waitlisted for an ablation. However, I am seeing a great acupuncturist and I think it has made a big difference. Along with being very careful with my diet (no coffee / alcohol / gluten / sugar) I am hoping to avoid an ablation. However, running still sends my heart racing within about 500m... very frustrating. So I am restricted to walking and gentle biking. Is running ever possible when SVT is under control? I don't know how I would manage if I had to hang up my running shoes! How do you manage exercise? Any tips and advice on the way forward would be great. Thanks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.