Mand Recon (PIP)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,                                                                                                                     I have been waiting for a decission from the MR for four weeks regarding my PIP. Yesterday i thought i should give them a ring. Their reply was they still looking at it,!!!! Any way, had two copies of a letter this morning saying, they still not giving me back my award they took away. Two hours after post had been i received a phone call from them, they said you asked us to look at the decission again and did i have any further med evidence for them. Any way, i told them the problem must be  with the HCP report. They now sending me the full HCP report to look at. ( they did ask did i receive any word from them this morning )  Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi my son has chonic fatigue and other heath issures and has 3-4 admissions into hospital. he is mostly ill. but they only interesrted how his disabilty affects him on his good days i told them he hardly has any good days. so thats why he did not score any points. but i know someone who works who has striods injection in there knee now and again who hardly evey limps but got  both components of pip a few moths ago. it is the first time she claimed dla/pip.
    • Posted

His diagnosis and hospital appointments/admissions means zilch to the DWP for a PIP claim. It is all about how his conditions affect him, evidence submitted to support those effects and matching those effects to the descriptors that make up PIP.

If you are claiming the 'reliability' factor, you have to show, with evidence that whilst he may be able to carry out a function, he will not be able to do so reliably.

You then have to convince the DWP with evidence that his good days V his bad days are less than 183 days out of a year.

Obviously the DWP will always err on the side that his good days are more than his bad days - you have to prove that they don't. 

• Posted

I would also add that what someone else gets has no bearing whatsoever on your son's claim. Some, who may be so ill and disabled and are likely to die in 12 months, may not get any award whilst those with a much lesser degree of disability could get the enhanced rate for both Care and Mobility. 

It is all down to how you can convince the DWP with evidence.

I have said it before that I am so seriously disabled both mentally and physically but that does not mean that I would qualify for anything - simply because I just don't fit enough descriptors and get enough points.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.