Mandatory Reconsideration

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. My mum rang DWP this morning when she came to my house. To enquire how things were progressing since sending in the firm, letter from my mum and documents from hospital. The lady was lovely and said a support staff member was already dealing with things. Just awaiting for reply from my health professionals. Then I'll receive new decision. If only they listned at the assessments, as my mum had all documents with her. But once again the assessor didn't want to know ow and lied. Fingers crossed now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi always a must that you send in all your medical evidence with your original forms, if you don't and then they have to apply to your consultant etc it will add a considerable timescale to your application.

Send it now copies of course and send registered post so you have proof of postage, cause I promise it will be faster

• Posted

I agree with the first part of your post but the 2nd part regarding posting i don't agree. Just send normal post but ask for proof of posting. Registered post isn't needed. Below are the reasons why.

1, DWP use centralised mail processing depts then forward mail through its own internal mail system to specific dept... so even if signed for it still hasn't reached the dept so will not be recognised by the DWP as being received.

2, with bulk mail signing you can not be sure that your individual letter was in the pile delivered.

3, it can actually double the time from sending to receipt by the DWP. I send normally 7-10 days later I call and yes Sir it is being processed. Send recorded and 10 days + later it's still on the Royal Mail systems as being undelivered.

• Posted

Hi Denise

We sent everything to be signed for so we knew when they received it. And itvwas delivered on 31/01/17. So waited until today to ring to check on progress. Your right Denise that is exactly what happens with the mail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.