Mandatory Reconsideration for Pip Mobility ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just applied for a mandatory reconsideration for PIP Mobility; asking for a 10, point award to be increased to 12, for mobility.

Would anyone know how long they take to make a decision on M R, and let us know the result?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mynhusband received decision letter after 2 weeks from the date DWP received his letter and evidence. But I heard there is no rules for the time scale for DWP to make a decision.
  • Posted

If you have a daily living award too they will look at whole award again and not just the mobility part. That's the issue with MR's/Appeal you do risk losing everything you have. On the plus side it could also increase or even stay the same. Most MR decisions do remain the same though, so be prepared to take it to Tribunal. Decisions could take anything up to 8 weeks.

• Posted

Thanks Fox Glove & Denise,

Just have to wait for reply.   

• Posted

Hi

I have just advised them today that l would be doing a MR for the points as l was receiving standard rate but my condition got much worse and l got OA in my ankles. I went through the full process again to get the same outcome even though l provided evidence. Atos lied in my report in a few questions. I now have to sit and write out where l disagree and point out her errors l have also got my 2 consultants to do.more intense letters as back up.ans will take it to court if l have to. I am hoping it does not go that far but the MR will be enough and further evidence. Hopefully a few weeks l.am hoping.

Lors

• Posted

Some advice for you about this MR. You need to forget about the lies that were told, i know it's hard but that's not what the MR is about. The decision maker won't be interested in the lies that were told he/she will be more interested in where you think you should have scored those points. You have to be straight to the point with the letter. Bear in mind that most MR decisions remain the same and you risk losing everything you have. The decision can take anything up to 8 weeks or more. Hopefully you won't be waiting that long. Be quick with this because you only have 1 month from the date of the decision. Good luck xx

• Posted

Not sure about pip but my esa mandatory reconsideration took five months and they still turned me down flat, zero points even though I have copd,emphysema, cervical spondylitis and severe anxiety and depression, hope things go well for you though
    • Posted

Hi,

It's not unusal for MR decisions to remain the same. Did you take it to Tribunal? There's a much higher rate of success by taking it to Tribunal. With ESA to have a limited capabilty for work you have to fit those descriptors in order to gain those points. MR decisions vary with time depending on what part of the country you live. Some are done quickly while others are much longer like yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.