Manesium Sulphate paste!?

Posted , 8 users are following.

this week i have had my second bartholin cyst! the first was an abscess and the most painful thing i have ever experienced (ive had two children!) before my first abscess i did not know about these evil (yes evil!) things! i left it too late to visit my doctor and had two long extremely painful weeks not being able to walk or sit, i had constant hot salt baths and looked up everything on the net that i could find! having not been sexually active for a long while before my first cyst i knew this was not sti related. at my wits end and on the verge of dragging myself into the doctors surgery... the dreaded thing finally burst during a random coughing fit!! and let me tell you ladies i have never been so happy to be leaking pus from my lady bits! the relief was instantaneous. i carried on with my salt baths to keep the area infection free and recovered pretty quickly!! 9 months later, last saturday i was feeling a little tender in that area when sitting.. and upon investigation found the dreaded cyst sad though not an abscess this time just a little uncomfortable and annoying. so straight away i started taking five red hot (as i could stand) baths with household salt, tea tree oil, distilled witch hazel and calomine lotion a day! also applying lion ointment ( a mild drawing salve) directly to my cyst the warming properties really helped with walking and sitting! i discovered on amazon while looking up things to draw boils and cysts something called magnesium sulphate paste. there was a review on there from a lady who had a cyst in an "unfortunate area" who claimed this stuff burst her cyst in 24 hours! sceptical.. as i have already tried "pheobes remedy" anybody who has researched bartholins cyst remedys will of heard of it! this did nothing but make me itch!! i ordered the magnesium sulphate without much hope! anyway it arrived yesterday morning and i began appling it liberally aswell as carrying on with my baths... i applied a large amount last night before bedtime, and again after my bath this morning!! lo and behold two hours ago my cyst burst!!!! i am convinced this stuff did the trick! aswell as all the hot salt baths! please please try it before applying stuff like tea tree oil or witch hazel that really stings and only angered my cyst! i am carrying on with my hot salt baths to keep the tender (leaking) area infection free! but the lump has gone and the relief is close to amazing!! i really hope this helps! Magnesium sulphate paste is available very cheap on amazon £5.40! dont know what that is in the us dollar but its a small price to pay after all the money spent on tea tree oil, witch hazel, calomine, etc...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

they have that paste in boots, uk and it's cheaper! I might try it out tomorrow among my antibiotics
  • Posted

Hi Sandie and ladies.I took silicea 30c along with other bath remedies and compresses. I hope it all worked together .My GP recommended paste too

sent my husband for a large cat litter tray

Brilliant yu can sit comfortably in it. Watching tv .Too difficult to have that many baths .Spent an hr in bath at 6am draining and cold .

Good luck girls keep sharing .Fingers crossed i will never need surgery. Id rather give birth than have this again .Could barely walk

• Posted

This is a very well known treatment and been used for generations in my family, but you do NOT use it liberally ! .. best way to use it is - Stir the pot (a medicine spoon is ideal) and apply the paste to the area to be treated. Cover with a plaster and leave overningt. The Magnesium Sulphate paste draws out infection or splinters in the skin. You may have to repeat the process. If this doesn't work you will have to consult your doctor for further treatment.
  • Posted

Thank you so much for this post, Sandie. I have had maybe 6 Bartholin cysts over the last 5 or so years. I usually use Serrapeptase and sometimes Silicea, as well as warm/hot Epsom baths. Only 3 have been painful. This time, however, I am away on a course and only have access to showers, as I am in a dormitory. I felt the cyst growing but was hoping the Serrapeptase and Silica would do the the trick. A couple of days ago, it started to become painful so I started goggling treatments and found your post with the magnesium sulphate suggestion. I picked some Epsom salts last night to make my own magnesium sulfate paste and applied it to a cotton ball before going to bed, tucking the cotton ball up against the cyst. Did the same thing in the morning, and then again at lunch and this evening, the cyst burst and drained. Thank you so much form this suggetion!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.