manipulation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i finally got my manipulation 18th  july was in hospital for two days on one of those machines that stretches the leg on 4 hours wee break then back on so was quite a hard time,got home thursday and had my own physio friday he was pleased bend 85 so was quite happy as my bend was only 50 before i knew i had work to do to keep bend coming i did everything physio told me to do at weekend but i did find knee tightening up so when i went to physio today bend only 65 i was so disappointed and im feeling really down has this happened to anyone i thought when i came out hospital it would just keep getting better,dont think i could go through all this again,would be grateful for any advice please.vicky x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is no doubt very swollen...Just keep it moving, also rest, ice elevate...try not to be anxious, it will need many weeks to improve but gently nudge as swelling allows. Best wishes...it is not a linear process.
    • Posted

Thank's Jenny prob worrying bit to much it is still swollen il do all you say and stick with it was just scared i'd need to do this all over againsad x

• Posted

No, I don't think so. I had 85 degree bend when I left hospital...that is a great start! Elevate toes above nose... getting swelling down can take several weeks, and when it does lessen then you really notice the difference. Best wishes! ?

• Posted

Thank's so much jenny i feel better alreadyi'l keep in touch with forum of my progress smile x

• Posted

This is going to sound very stupid...but what do you mean by "manipulation"?

Deep tissue massage? I haven't heard that term before and I'm confused.

• Posted

Hi Kathleen,yes its scar tissue thats built up and stops the knee from getting bend so you go back into hospital put to sleep for ten mins and surgeon manoeuvres leg about to get bend hope this helps there's a short name for it MUA or MAU cant remeber which one lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.