Manipulation done!

Posted , 8 users are following.

well,it's day one of my manipulation& arthroscopic surgery. it was done as an outpatient procedure.so I'm home with a cpm& I'm totally numb!! just an update,im sure by the a.m,I'll totally be a different person 😃😃😃😃

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sending many healing prayers to give you all that you need for this healing journey.

knees are miserable when the pain interferes with daily life. ive been trying to avoid knee surgery far too long.

• Posted

@hope4cure i had my tko in march of this year,march6 now here it is dec 4th & I'm starting all over again! the only difference is my leg wasn't split wide open! Thank GOD!! I'm not yet convinced that I made the right decision but time will tell! The longer u wait for treatment,the worse it gets so put ur trust in GOD& DO WHAT'S BEST FOR U! PEACE&BLESSINGS

• Posted

HI Tynetta

how are you feeling now? hope it makes a big improvement for you. i had my TKR in march this year and my knee ROM is only 50 as it seized up at 5 weeks post op. so im going in for the same procedure on the 17th December. I have to stay in for 3 days because of a heart condition. I hope and pray all goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery. keep us posted I'l be wishing you well.

kindest regards

Kerrie x

• Posted

Good luck. Be interested to see how you get on. Was it to improve ROM? If so what was it before?

Dave

• Posted

I used the CPM for 3 weeks. what a God send it was. expensive, but worth it.

• Posted

it should be offered to every TKO patient bc it really does make a difference in ur healing process! it's a game channger!

• Posted

Hello , How are you feeling? I hope better!! Any better today after the Manipilation? Is it bending More? Why did you have to have the Manipulation?

• Posted

I cant believe how many Manipulations everyone is having. My did not work but why are you also getting one??

• Posted

im pleasantly surprised,it's day 2&my 1st day of therapy& I'm still numb,well semi numb&im not in much pain at all! i had severe scar tissue&wasn't even at 60degrees after 9 months! today my bend was at 91 degrees!! im quite sure when I get all my feelings back I'll be sore but this CPM machine is a BIG HELP bc it keeps ur knee in constant motion& it keeps the scar Tissue away! good luck with everything!

• Posted

Hi,

Please keep me updated as to how it went and how you are progressing as I am scheduled for the same at the end of the month! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Posted

well it's day 2& it was my 1st day of therapy! I'm still semi numb&the pain isn't bad at all,at least not at the moment if u can remember to ask ur surgeon for a CPM machine to keep ur knee in constant movement so you won't get stiff&sore.good luck &I'll keep u posted!

• Posted

You really need to get the CPM machine too. I had it for 3 weeks after my manipulation and arthoscopic surgery....

• Posted

i have it& i use it 8hrs on then 1 hr off plus in between that I'm doing heel slides,quads&ankle pumps! it's a lot but it has to b done! it's day 3& all the feelings are back! 😭😭😭😭😢😢😢😢

• Posted

I have to go back to work a few days after my manipulation on the 27th....is that realistic?

• Posted

Depends Kathleen. My doc did the arthoscopic surgery first, to clean out the scar tissue, THEN did the manipulation...... I hope the manipulation alone will work for you.... I will say, the pain was nowhere near what it was after the TKR. So, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.