Manipulation- Yo Adrian...I DID ITTTTT!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

( read while humming the theme to the ROCKY movies)

Well folks...I DID IT!

Had the manipulation procedure done last Tuesday and all is well.

All that worrying and crying and whining and blah blah blahhh all for literally a 15 minute procedure.

The thing is because you're put under general anesthesia you have to go through all the pre-surgical mumbo jumbo (even though it's not a surgical procedure, for those of you who aren't familiar with it)

Anyways the doctor said he wasn't able to manipulate it to its "fullest" range because of the many years my body had adapted to functioning with only 95° of ROM. But that he in fact did break thru some scar tissue and with hard work in physical therapy (of which he ordered 10 days of consecutive PT starting the very next day) I should be able to improve my new knee to somewhere between 110° - 120° ROM)

It's been 7 days post Manipulation and yesterday with a towel shoved in my mouth, 2 girls holding my arms down and 2 at the other end, they pushed me to 109°!!!

YAYYY!!! YO ADRIAN....I DID ITTTTT!!!! 😄

So hopefully 3 more days of PT and then I see the Doctor for my 3rd post op TKR appt. my goal is to be at 115°!

I'm excited because my dream has always been to be able to sit in the classic "lotus" position, which I've never been able to do...and then id love to take up Yoga!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done you.  It did not work for me but good to know it should have.
    • Posted

Surgeon said my leg was going to break!  So he stopped.  Next meeting he said he cant help me as I was one f the 5% failures.  Soooo sad.
    • Posted

Tell him to get it straight.....you are a success.....he's the failure
    • Posted

Thank you.  I have just come home from Spain and several friends said to get something dobe. I dont know where to turn now. I have now seen 4 physios who say leg will not bend, 2 other surgeons who say get back to original, original says he wont see me again!  Help please
  • Posted

Great jon David!  I had TKR Dec 21 2015 and was stuck at 86 degree and FINALLY gave in to have my MUA about a month ago.  I'm at 106 & I think I still have room to improve.  I was sweating that procedure almost more than the replacement, but now I wish I had done it sooner. Keep it up, I share your excitement!
    • Posted

Exactly me too for whatever reason. And there was nothing to it.

All that prep for a 5 min bending of your leg.

Lol

• Posted

David, if you do get into that lotus position, I want to know. Happy about your enthusiasm and I'm glad the manipulation went so well!
  • Posted

Once word of caution......you still have to get up.....by yourself.

Congrats on the accomplishment. A great lesson in life, it's much better to pass out when doing things under pressure.

Summer has hit the mid West and mobility will be easier. Low 90's here today and warmer tomorrow.I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking AND stopping for water breaks. Glad that's done with and you are on your way to the top of The mountain.........or in your case a well rolled clay court. (yes, I played on them after having to roll them 1st)

Don't forget to tip your therapist as they will meet you at the door for your next session with a great memory and a much thought out plan for revenge.that of course is a post graduate course.

• Posted

Happy top heart all is well David. Happy Recovery BC you can do this!💋
  • Posted

Well done always good to have a positive news flash....I actually had to take a Valium the day before my TKR and I'm sooo pleased I,had it done now! Excellent news may your success continue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.