Mantoux Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Team,

I was asked to test was TB test, Mantoux came out to be very high, but TB gold quantiferon came out negative. I was given treatment for 3 months . Also I was having vasculitis so I had to take azoran tablets close t 2 years. But now Its stopped from last 5-8 months. I will be going for mantoux test after few days. Will it result in positive??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mantous test will always be positive for people who had BCG vaccination for TB. 

It does no mean you have TB and it showed on your TB Gold quantiferon.

• Posted

It showed negative on quantiferon. But now I'm going for chest x ray for UK visa I'm very tensed. I had taken azoran for 2 years but now since last 8 months it's stopped I don't know if this will contribute t my tb

• Posted

Cest x ray will be fine, unless you have active TB, which i don't think you have.

Why are you taking Azathioprine, do you have autoimmune disorder ? 

• Posted

Yes I've vasculitis affecting my eye. My RT eye had vitreous haemaragge but now it's normal. My brother xray showed some liquid n he has been asked further TB culture test. What is TB culture test wat test are those

• Posted

Its a microbial culture that takes 2-3 weeks for TB to grow from your sputum. 

Are you in India ? 

• Posted

I had had a BCG and told the doctor, who insisted in giving me a Mantoux test. The reaction was horrendous, and the result meaningless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.