Manuka Honey, _ My Experience.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been six months using the Manuka Honey, number 16 strength. It has not cured the blepharitis. However, I used Tea tree oil, the "wipes", and an assortment of other things, and they didn't even come close to giving me the relief that the honey does. I will always use this honey whether it cures it or not. Next I will try the number 20 strength. I almost don't even need to do anything different then I would if I didn't have blepharitis.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. I have been using the wipes for 4-5 years, and it keeps it mostly at bay. I have the occasional flare up, but it works pretty well for me. If wipes should ever begin to fail me, I will give manuka honey a go. Thank goodness we help each other!

• Posted

Darlene, yes I am very grateful to this site. It has helped me so much,- my thanks to the moderators and members. I did use the wipes, but became allergic. They also dried the skin around my eyes. I do prefer the honey also because it's a more natural choice. But yes, it's wonderful to have help with this awful condition. It's also good to know we have more than one answer. 😊

• Posted

Does the Manuka Honey cause stickiness?
    • Posted

It is a little sticky, but it doesn't bother me. I don't wear any eye cosmetics. That was a difficult choice, but I found it necessary.

• Posted

I understand.  I can not wear eye makeup either. I also can no longer wear contacts and so I wear glasses.  That is why I wondered if it was sticky and would get all over my glasses.  The Wet Ones worked for me for years, but this recent flare up does not seem to be responding as well.  Thanks, I will give manuka honey a try.
    • Posted

Purchase the hightest number of Manuka Honey you can find. Make sure it's pure. Keep everything steril. Mix 1 tsp. of honey with very little purified water. Make it thick. Put in a tiny glass bottle. Use a q-tip to apply the honey all around the rim of your eye lids, top and bottom. It will burn, but not badly. Honey is good for your eyes. Tap eyes with a tissue, keep your honey clean, never double dip. Do this at least 3 times a day, 4 if you can manage. Don't remove the honey till the next time you wash your eyes with no tears baby shampoo. Always wash eyes first. These two things, the honey and shampoo is all I use except for Systane eye drops.

• Posted

I feel better just knowing that other people also have this problem .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.