Manuka Honey, it's a Miracle!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, I'm back! Used Tea Tree Oil and no tears baby shampoo, got good results. Still was using eye drops all through the night, it disturbed my sleep terribly, because of the dry eyes. Used Manuka 🍯 Honey on my eyelids and the along the rims of my eyes on the bottom with a Q-tip. Didn't dilute. No eye drops for four nights!!! I am so happy! However, I should be using 16+ and am only using 10+. I will purchase the 16+ now. I am posting this for YOU. This excellent site is where I've learned to help myself with this horrible condition. Dena.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dena 64643. Glad to hear you have a good result with the Manuka honey. I have not tried this before, but might give it a go. Anything at all that will give some small relief, is worth trying. Not sure what the 16+ is about. Would welcome any advice. Thank you.
  • Posted

Manuka honey is often praised for its healing effects on lots of things and I have heard of lots of people with dry eyes who use it. The 10+ and 16+ is an indication of purity. The higher the grade the more pure it is. Try to find a medical grade which is very pure and the best.
    • Posted

Hi Marina Dee. Thank you for the information re: Manuka honey. I will definitely give it a try. I assume l can purchase it at a health store, hopefully. x

• Posted

Mary and Marina Dee, yes the 10+ works so well I will purchase the 16+. The higher the number, the purer it is like you said Marina Dee. I never put it IN my eyes, but if some got in my eyes, I don't think it would hurt them. Sometimes it stings just a tiny bit, but it's so minimal it's not even worth mentioning. I must say, I am truly delighted with the results! I really hope more people try this, it's a shame that people haveft to suffer so. Thanks for posting! smile

• Posted

Mary, I put it on at night, then if I'm home during the day I apply it. Make sure you get the highest number you can find, and that it's from New Zealand. Yes, a good health food store should have it. Dena. smile

• Posted

Hi Dena. Thanks for the info. I will order the honey, and post any updates. Any relief, will be gratefully accepted. Good luck to everyone suffering with this awful complaint. Mary. xx

• Posted

Dena,

So happy for you.....

Dawn

• Posted

Dawn, yes, - thanks to the excellent post such as yours, I'm getting a handle on this booger. Thanks for all your post and help! smile. Dena

• Posted

Dawn, did your Blepharitis go away and stay away? You used the Manuka Honey 16+ didn't you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.