Many of the population don't know they're on addictive benzodiazepines supply

Posted , 4 users are following.

in general people trust their Doctors. Why I ask? I have heard so many stories of people who have mysteriously become ill, not knowing why? Usually diagnosed with another illness, prescribed a different medication and so the merry go round starts. This has to stop! One person a plasterer put his back out. He went to his GP who cured him with one tablet. These are magic he said and I'm going to keep taking them. 10 mg diazepam two weeks supply prescribed . I knew this person, his sister a nurse had to wrestle them from him. It was impossible to speak to him that day he was on another planet. He didn't know the name of them and had not been told what they were, side effects or the addiction possibility.

commonly known as Valium how would anyone link it to Diazepam, the same drug with two names? This is just one drug and there are so many! I feel a post should be in order here listing all benzodiazepines, their half life also withdrawal including possible symptoms and not least All Z drugs particularly Zopiclone and the fact they are all addictive! If ther is a link on here I'll post it! Something has to be done. I put a post up yesterday in anger really as someone dear to me is really going through the mill. More information must be made public.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are so right these drugs are very dangerous and so widely given out here in the US they are a money making machine for those Drs who have no scruples.What happened to first do no harm?
    • Posted

You are living in the past Carol. I posed this question to a psychiatrist several years ago. I was informed the hypocratic Oath is not obligatory and seldom used! Speaks volumes do you think?
    • Posted

Well I like living in the past on this one.It is not in the oath to cover the you know what of incompetence
    • Posted

I read in a book I had but lent out to someone it was titled: The  biggest mistakes of the 20th Century, the first one in the book was.....yes you've guessed it was diazepam or Valium, can't remember which? It doesn't matter they're all the same addictive more money for prescribers.

on reflection years ago a doctor was called out in the evening so some time ago! ( doctors don't work evenings now) maybe they've made enough money in the day?  This doctor came in but didn't know what was wrong There's a surprise! I was astounded. He brought in 2 carrier bags of samples and asked the patient what they would like?

• Posted

Oh I can go to my pill doc and get anything I ask for.My favorite is when you go in with an infection and they ask what antibiotic do you want?
    • Posted

Well why don't we look what research there has thrown up!  We'll all probably be immune to antibiotics in the future. So they're restricting them!! Soooo why don't they restrict benzodiazepines and Z drugs to NO new patients prescribed them! Then not cut people off abruptly!! Or they could go to your new pill doc then I suppose.

• Posted

oh and do they ask what colour you'd like as some people are allergic to. colours especially yellow 
    • Posted

They don't do a good job here of restricting them here.antibiotics that is.
    • Posted

Dont go back to that DR. " Do NO harm" and that would be held up in court.
    • Posted

Carol not me can you redirect! 
  • Posted

I totally agree with you. X
    • Posted

Good thank you - Any help to get this out there would be much appreciated x
  • Posted

Dear BS8,

I am staggered that the GP gave the plasterer diazepam at all, bearing in mind its adictive properties, and that the patient was started on 10 mg tablets, too. It is usually difficult to wrest any benzos from GPs nowadays (for good reason). Many surgeries have a 'No Benzodiazepines Prescribed Here' policy, which is laudable.

Now this man, this plasterer, has unwittingly joined the community of people who are addicted to these things. Some people become addicted very, very quickly and other people seem to miss out completely on the addiction path. I wonder what it is in some of us that gets us hooked so quickly? I think there must be a biological reason. Anyway, he needs to stop, right now, and he also doesn't need to know about all the websites where these meds can be bought without prescription (one of my downfalls.)

I have finally, after forty years, gone for help to the local drug addiction help centre and they are clear about one thing - don't expect your GP to know how to get you off benzos or Zs because it is a complex process, and experts must see you very frequently, and take the precribing out of your GPs hands. I'm down to 30 mg a day, which for me is a miracle. We will reduce this by 2 mg a week for a month until we get to zero. I can't wait. I mean that.

• Posted

Hello

That is far too quick, have a look at carols posts ( on this thread) and some others of mine. I'm sending you a link don't drop that fast. Msg me tomorrow I have more time.

The plasterer took one tablet and we managed to get the rest. He still loves the feeling he had on just one pill! So  2  - 4 weeks seems illogical to me! 

where are you based? 

• Posted

2mg decrease every 28 days isn't too quick at all. And if I don't feel i can cope with a decrease i only have to say so. At this rate it'll take me about fourteen - fifteen months. Bear in mind that I was taking 300 mg diazepam a day at one point, with as many zopiclone that i could afford added in. I have such a high tolerance to these things that you truly wouldn't have noticed by my actions of words that i had that ludicrous amount of diazepam in my system. That is really scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.